Prologue

Sand kicked up as two girls trained in the coliseum grounds. Demetra stood tall, her bo-staff held outward toward the Half-orc under her. Mirune smirked before raising her knee, shattering the wood in two, using both pieces to knock Demetra to the floor with a few Swift hits. Grunting, the sea blue Triton lifted herself to the knees, picking the bo-staff off the ground.

"Enough," called the old voice. The old figure stepped out from the shadows cast by the columns. "Very well Mirune, good thinking. Never underestimate your opponents Demetra, they will use any weakness to their advantage," he pointed out, placing a hand on their shoulders. "Now, clean up and head home. I am sure your families have made supper by now," without much word Demetra pushed past angrily. Before Mirune could call out the elder stopped her with, "Mirune do not let her failure hinder your progress. With thinking like that you will be more than the head of The Guard." He could stop the Half-orc from also pushing past with a small huff. Watching as the two leave he rubbed his beard slowly. Methodically.

"Demetra!" Mirune called out in the large hallway as they walked to a wash room.

"Would you stop it! We get it, you are better than me! I don't want to talk about it," she snapped, quickly regretting saying any of it, rubbing her arms in a shiver.

"Deme... I don't think I'm better than you! I never said that! Don't put your skills under mine!" Her green hands reached out, taking her left arm examining the darkened bruise she gave her. "I'm sorry. Let's go get this some healed, okay?" She suggested, giving a friendly smile. Demetra, still upset gave a small nod. The two continued down the vast hallways to one of the Clerics.

"Demetra, you know I," The words, as always, are cut off with a violent flash of white as Demetra, much older wakes up. Lifting her head from the cot she takes a second to case her surroundings. It's the same as usual. Small room, items sat her or there in a neat order, a set of golden armor on a stand sat facing outward from the corner. Her usual routine went on as it always did. She wrapped her chest in a white bandage, dressed in a black undersuit, and equipped the golden garb. After a few minutes of straightening herself in a large mirror, she was ready. Wielding her platinum sword she took a moment to examine the base of the metal blade. Elvish script, hand carved in the perfect metal. Sheathing it, she left her living quarters.

Assuming her usual duties, she reported to King Philippe II. Taking a knee, she placed her gauntlet to the chestplate, her head facing down in a sign of respect. "Good morning your Majesty," she greeted before standing back up to face him with her full attention. With a diminished smile he raise a brow at the condition of his Head Guard.

"Has some tragedy befallen you? You look ill in your eyes," he asked, turning his attention to the side as a timid advisor returned with a small scroll. While reading it he listened to Demetra respond.

"Of course not your Majesty! I simply had a tough time sleeping is all, but I swear I am in top shape to serve you as always!" She promised, her stand unchanging. Simply the king raised his hand to her in disagreement.

"Do not fret Demetra, I am not my father. If you so desire a day to yourself to rest I am more than happy to grant you that," he explained, understanding that though his father harsh, he had no quarrels with giving his subjects time for themselves.

Demetra shook her head, "that will no be necessary your Majesty, I wish nothing more than to serve you as I always do," she placed the gauntlet back to her chest, bowing slightly.

"As you wish, but keep a guard with you at all times. I do worry about your 24/7 devotion to this throne. Moving aside, my advisor has brought it to my attention one they call, "The Wandering Warrior," has arrived in town as is staying at a tavern in the kingdom. I wouldn't pay mind to it, but the tavern is becoming too crowded because of their arrival and their so called, "achievements," have peaked my interest. If you would request their at my castle at once, but do not force it upon them," the king explained, the advisor giving a faint smile to Demetra before trotting off with a shy trip over himself. Demetra nodded as one of the guards joined her at her side. Leaving the castle and down through the streets the Triton had time to think for just a moment.

"Who is this, "Wandering Warrior," anyway? Why are all the townspeople so interested in her stay here?" Demetra asked the accompanying guard who laughed at her ignorance on the matter.

"The Wandering Warrior is quite the legend in the continent! She goes from place to place doing odd jobs for small villages and cities. Rumor has it she killed the sea beast that had been ravaging ships out of dock, by Kriegerdale. And that she was able to take on 10 goblins at one as came out with only 1 eye!" He explained, taking his fingers and pulling his brow and under eye downz emphasizing the right eye. Demetra laughed back, shaking her head.

"What could one lady do in one lifetime? It took me years to get to Head Guard, and I have never even left my kingdom. I bet you she is just some old wives tale, or something the men come up with to fantasize about at night! Plus, who could possibly take down a sea monster?" She asked pushing the tavern door open, lifting her helmet back up to put it on, before dropping it to the floor. Only a few feet away stood a large Half-orc, obviously on her way out by now. "I... Mirune?"