03

CHAPTER 3: THE CAUSE
May 2, 2018
Rionne's POV

"You're smoking again!" I was dying to smoke since morning and when I can finally smoke, this minion snatch my cigarette and put it in the trash. Why is she so concerned with me smoking anyway.

"Go away, I don't need your attention." I'm letting her off the hook for what she did for now. But the second time, I won't hold back anymore. Who is she to tell me not to smoke?

"By the way, I already handed our project to Prof. Chavez. But, seriously! Stop smoking!" That's good to hear, she has nothing in her bag to blackmail me again.

I turn around and started to walk away from her. But I shortly paused as I placed the cigarette between my lips and search for my lighter, but I can't find it. Did I drop it somewhere? Fuck, how could I smoke now?

"Are you looking for this?" I looked at her with wide eyes, how the fuck my lighter get in her small hands? Running my fingers through my hair, I didn't waste any time and gripped her right hand which is holding my lighter.

"You shouldn't have started anything with me." I stated with a firm, but to my surprise she escaped out of my grip and the tables have turned. She is the one gripping my wrist now, pulling me out of that narrow part of the university.

I can stop her from pulling me without a problem, but I just let her drag me to anywhere she wanted to go. Why did I let her? The answer is I also don't know.

After the running and dragging saga, she stopped in front of an ice cream shop. She stared at the shop for a minute before sparing me a look with a smile lingering on her lips. Why does her simple smile gives me different feelings that aren't unknown to me.

"Treat me ice cream and I'll return your lighter!" Damn, she looks so happy that I almost smiled back. But I didn't let her get a glimpse of it as I pushed her inside and give her my credit card in which she accepted with a bow.

I waited for her on the seat beside the window. What am I even doing here? Heaving a sigh, I scanned the whole place and noticed that there are only few people inside enjoying their ice cream while listening to the music blasting through the speakers of the shop.

"I'm sorry I don't know your favorite ice cream flavor." She places the other chocolate flavored ice cream in front of me before sitting across me.

"You can have it, I prefer mint choco." Her face suddenly crumpled into a disgust while looking at me.

"I didn't know you have an awful taste, Rionne." She chuckled after shoving a spoon of ice cream inside her mouth. I disregarded her insult and stared at her for a while.

"Why are you stopping me from smoking?" Upon hearing my question, she frozed and blink many times before raising her head with an unreadable emotion plastered on her face.

"Because it took away someone special to me."

𖧧 ───━
WE LOST THE SUMMER
by @mydahlia_