12

CHAPTER 12: THE TRIP
August 24, 2018
Rionne's POV

"Are you sure? There's nothing going on between you and Summer?" Summer and I decided to be friends after what happened six months ago.

"Not yet, Cara." I answered while checking if I packed all the things I'll be needing on our trip. Cara seemed to be not convinced as her hands are on her hips examining me like an investigator.

"What?! So, all of those kissing and hugging were just nothing?!" Cara is moving her hands everywhere while she is talking and on the other hand, I'm having a hard time containing my laugh because you know, she looks like an idiot doing that.

"You know what? You look like a crab when you do this." Then, I mocked her gesturing my hands everywhere in an exaggerated way. This causes her to playfully smack my right shoulder and I'm not kidding when I groaned because she sometimes punch like a boxer.

Guess who's the last one to arrive to our trip. Of course it's me and Cara. Because of her annoying mouth, that doesn't know how to shut up, we ended up bickering, bickering, and bickering on the way here.

"We thought the two of you got lost or stranded." I locked my right arm around the neck of Van because I just want to. Anyway, I have four more friends other than Cara and Summer. But, they are more like my pets and I invited them on this trip because we all need this after our exams.

It was already dark when Cara and I got here, so we decided to eat dinner.

Our table were filled with laughter, gossips, and bickers here and there.

This place was chosen by me and this beach resort is what caught my attention as they hold fireworks when the midnight struck. Plus, the sea is mesmerizing at night, suitable for bonfires and that's what i planned to do next.

So, when everything is settled, I called for them and they immediately sit on the small chairs I've prepared.

Summer sat beside me and gave me a smile in which I also return to her. In those six months, I introduced her to Van and the others except Cara since Summer already know her, we are classmates and taking the same course. But, for Van and the others, they are taking a different course.

When the fireworks was done, some of us were either little tipsy or drunk. But, except me, I can handle my liquor very well. The alcohol was Van's scheme and now, look. I have to do the work on dragging them inside their hotel rooms. Fortunately, Daniel didn't drink a lot and he can help me with it.

"I'll take Cara with me first. Can you watch the others for me, Daniel?" Daniel assured me by smiling and pushed me to take Cara in her room.

I'm carrying Cara in bridal style and she is currently half passed out in my arms, but she is clinging to me while mumbling that I shouldn't leave her.

"Shhh. I'm here, okay?" When I reached her room, I gently laid her on her bed and tucked her in. I stayed for a while because this woman is unpredictable when she's drunk. One second she's passed out, then later on she's awake, not wanting me to escape from her.

I tiptoed getting out of her room, making sure not to make even the smallest amount of noise, heck I looked like a burglar.

When I came back to the seaside, I noticed Daniel looking all anxious on his seat. Then, it hit me. Summer isn't on her spot when I left.

I quickened my steps and immediately asked Daniel where is Summer.

"When you left, Summer run away and I tried to follow her, but she disappeared from my sight!" Where could she run to? I searched for her inside her room, but she's not there. I bit my bottom lip and run my fingers through my hair looking distressed.

I was about to step out of her room, but Summer appeared in front of her door. Her head is looking downwards with her messy hair. When she lift her head, I witnessed her state. Dried tears are all over her cheeks and there are still tears forming on the edges of her eyes.

When Summer locked her eyes with mine, she cried louder and harder.

"H-hey, what's wrong, Summer?" I attempted to near her, but she harshly pushed me away and she sitted on the floor with her face hidden in her arms, muffling her cries.

"Why can't you love me, Rionne?" I was a bit taken a back by her question. But, I stayed silent and squatted on the floor in front of her. I patted her head and this made her raise her head.

Summer burried her head on my chest still crying. So, she has been waiting for me. I snaked my arms around her and stroked her back to calm her.

When I heard cute snores from Summer, I carried her and placed her on her bed.

"Sleep with me, Rionne." Summer tugs the end of my shirt with her eyes still close. She's too cute that I can't reject her request. So, I laid beside her and used my arm as her pillow.

Even in her messy state, Summer still looked pretty in my eyes. I placed my left hand on her hair and gently caresses it. I pulled her closer to me, giving light pecks on her forehead, nose, and to her lips.

Right that moment, I'm sure. I like Summer and I'll pursue her soon.

𖧧 ───━
WE LOST THE SUMMER
by @mydahlia_