Virat's birthday (?)

Okay so... Firstly I know I'm (VERY) (guess what, FIVE DAYS) late, but tbh I wrote this the day of his birthday- cause I needed something light, though I was VERY happy with the team's win yet a lil disturbed because of the trolls and all, (no I'm not generally the one who pays heed to such things but just happens sometimes you know) - so yeah, I didn't really mean to publish it, but my bestie kept bugging me to - so I am, I don't know how it turned out to be... So handle me maybe?
:P

___________________________________

"Thank you virat"
"Thank you"

With this, Virat left the post match interview.

As he entered the dressing room, he was shocked would be an understatement - obviously, the entire room was so silent! After a win? In the INDIAN CRICKET TEAM? nah.

So the basic scenario was....
Rohit glaring at him, ash not sparing him a glance, rahul scowling, jaddu burying his head in one of his many kitbags- to be short, the whole dressing room ignoring him like he didn't exist.

"What's up with you guys-?" Virat questioned no one in particular, being VERY puzzled. Of course. He had expected them to be happy; to be more honest, he expected them to be wildly hooting around after such a huge margin win, but here they were, all brooding for some reason unknown to him.

"Nothing." Ash replied drily.

"Can we have the cake- please? It... Looks delicious." Rohit questioned looking at everyone except virat.

Virat turned his gaze where Rohit was looking at. There was a fruit cake, with "happy birthday virat" Written on it.

"AEE! YOU GUYS BROUGHT A CAKE FOR ME? " virat asked, excitedly.

"No, we HAD. Now, we are eating it up ALL BY OURSELVES. " jaddu deadpanned, laying emphasis on the words on "had" And "all by oursleves"

"But, it's my birthday- and you're going to have it without me? " Virat looked extremely baffled.

"didn't you just say that you're over the phase of celebrating?" Rohit said, morosely. "I thought we'll have a double celebration with lot's of cake smearing and food, and then I'll -----"

"SLEEP!! " Virat completed and rolled his eyes.

By this time, bhuvi who already sensed another RohiRat banter, already interrupted: "stop, you two." "And Rohit, come, let's have the cake. "

"Definitely not without me. " Virat scowled.

"You won't eat it anyway, will you
Mr. Diet freak?" Rohit chuckled sarcastically.

"Shut up! " Mahi bhai hit Rohit on the back of his head.

"Oww!" Rohit screeched and nursed the spot. "But, bhai- -"

Mahi bhai gave a stern glare.

"You don't want the cake?" Rahul questioned aiming to stop this useless fight going on.

"Of course I do! " Rohit replied instantly.

"Then-" Rahul was cut off by jassi shaking him and showing him the sight of virat brooding in a corner.

"----shall we stop?" Jassi questioned and looked around.

"Yeah" Came the chorus reply.

~aaanddd within no time, Virat found two kids clinging to him, screaming "happpyyyy birthdayyyyy!!!"

Virat flashed a 800 volt smile and hugged back rish and jassi. "Thank you" He replied with a fond smile.

"Now, can we -----" Started Rohit.

"Yes, we're having the cake, " Completed virat.

THEN, came the cake cutting scenes, which were jo different:

"This one for today's post match!!! ' screamed Rohit, attacking him with a peice of cake, followed by others. Virat, knowing that there's no use of running away, stood still.

'And you never say no to celebrations!!! " Harry screeched, jumping on him with the last Piece of cake.

Later after the celebration, the team was seen squished into a single room- obviously the captain's- cause captain gets the biggest room according to them. Everyone was scrolling through their phones, either going through something or playing some games.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH" Suddenly, a hysterical laugh- which literally made jump everyone out of their seats......

"SIR RAVINDRA JADEJA" started Virat, but was cut of by Rahul's laughter who had a peek in jaddu's phone, meanwhile.

"What's up with you two?? " Mahi bhai questioned in a no-nonsense tone. Cause if not, these two were sure to wake up the entire hotel, past twelve midnight.

"Hah.... Ha- - have a look at this" Jaddu said, controlling his laughter and handing his phone to mahi bhai.

"Why on earth are you going through the news-?!! " Mahi bhai started getting utterly disinterested at the headline which read: " Possible rift between Indian cricket team"

By this time, everyone had squished their heads into the phone, and before mahi bhai could continue any further, he was interrupted by hardik howling  in laughter. Mahi bhai gave a deadpan face and read ahead: " Is there any chance of a rift between the Indian skipper virat kohli and team members, kl rahul, Rohit sharma, and others? Why didn't the latter wish him ----"

"WHAT ON EARTH!!! " Virat screamed and joined a laughing jaddu, rahul and harry. Minutes later, the room was seen dissolving in fits of laughter at the stupid news article.

The room felt silent after sometime, as Mahi bhai noticed them sleeping there itself, leaning over each other looking as adorable. Suddenly, a sense of pride washed over him;

HIS FAMILY. ❤

---------------------------------------

Ayo guys, umm.. I rly don't know how this turned out to be Or something, I just wrote this for self satisfaction. Still if I'm publishing this it's because of my bestie so... If you guys DON'T like it (I wonder if anyone is going to like it lol) then you're free to hit, strangle, kill him (^・ェ・^)