Chapter Thirty-One

Elle

"You ready?" I looked over at Elle who was sitting on Finneas's bed criss cross.

She was wearing my hoodie I had given her a few days ago at her house and I couldn't get over how cute she looked. It was huge on her, as is almost everything she wears.

I promised Elle I would show her the song I had been working on for a few weeks now. I was a little nervous about it though, the song is literally about her. I was just scared of how she would react.

She nodded her head and I put on my headphones as Finneas started the song. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and started singing.

"I wanna be alone. Alone with you, does that make sense? I wanna steal your soul, and hide you in my treasure chest."

I looked over at Elle as she held a small smile, genuinely interested in hearing my song.

"I don't know what to do, to do with your kiss on my neck. I don't know what feels true. But this feels right so stay a sec. Yeah you feel right so stay a sec."

I think she knew it was about her, seeing how she blushed and smiled shyly. I chuckled a little bit to myself.

"And let me crawl inside your viens. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain. It's not like me to be so mean, you're all I wanted. Just let me hold you...like a hostage."

I looked up to meet her eyes, feeling butterflies erupt in my stomach instantly.

"Gold on your fingertips. Fingertips against my cheek. Gold leaf across your lips. Kiss me until I can't speak."

Now it was my turn to blush, but I kept the eye contact with Elle. And for once she didn't break it.

"Gold chain beneath your shirt, the shirt that you let me wear home. Golds fake and real love hurts. But nothing hurts when I'm alone. And you're with me and we're alone."

"And let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain. It's not like me to be so mean you're all I wanted. Just let me hold you. Like a hostage...Like a hostage."

I finished out with the harmonies. Taking off my headphones after the song had ended. Elle clapped for us both and I blushed a little bit.

"Oh my god, Billie that was beautiful. I had no idea you could sing like that."

"So did you like it?"

"Like it? Are you kidding I loved it. You're both incredibly talented. You could go places you know?"

I laughed a little, taking off my headphones.
"The only place I wanna go is Taco Bell."

I took Elle's hand and said bye to my brother walking us out of his room.

"Do we have to get Taco Bell?" Elle asked as we both put on our shoes.

"Yes because I haven't had Taco Bell in like a week and I'm having withdrawals."

"No but like...do we have to get Taco Bell."

I realized what she meant as I looked up at her tying her shoes.

"Well you gotta eat something baby. You said you haven't eaten a full meal at all this week and you skipped dinner last night. You need to eat something Elle."

"Yeah but it does it have to be Taco Bell?"
She went to go pick at her lips as she often does when she's nervous.

I moved her hand away, holding it in mine as I rubbed circles over the back of her hand.
"No, it doesn't. How bout I get you something else to eat alright?"

"Okay."

"Good." I gave a small smile as I kissed her forehead. I grabbed my keys and we headed out.

I turned on some soft music as we drove, reaching over and taking her hand.

"Is there anything you want baby?"

She shook her head. "Not really, I don't really wanna eat anything."

"I know love but you have to. I don't need you dying on me, okay?"

She nodded her head and went silent. Tapping her foot on the floorboard.

"Hey, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"What's your favorite food? Or what was your favorite food, before you developed your disorder?" I asked.

"Umm, I'm not sure. I kinda ate a little bit of everything."

"Okay, well what was the one food you liked above everything?"

She took a minute to think before I saw her smile a little bit.
"I guess pizza. I used to eat that a lot."

"Okay, what kinda pizza did you used to like?"

"I usually got a veggie pizza. I always hated greasy food even before I developed my disorder. My mom used to always cook meals, well until I turned 15. I'm pretty sure that's when it started."

"Do you mind telling me what happened?"

"Well, around the time I turned 15 my mom had told me she would stop cooking meals, cause she said I was spoiled and I was..getting chubby and I needed to lose some weight. So I started to watch what I was eating. I stopped eating out with friends, I ate less. But for some reason it was still wasn't enough for her. Then when I got skinny and started to eat more she would tell me I'm eating too much and I would get fat again. So then I just...stopped eating completely. I used to exercise excessively but..."

She stopped herself, putting her head down as she messed with the various rings on my fingers.

"You can keep going. I'm not gonna judge you."

"...then I was admitted into the hospital last year cause I passed out in the middle of the gym. After that things really started to go downhill. I felt this constant need to feel skinny because in my mind skinny equals pretty, but whenever I looked in the mirror I never liked what I saw. I would go days without eating and survive on gallons of water and a couple protein bars here and there cause they were the only thing I could stomach."

"Elle, I'm so sorry. You really don't deserve that."

She just shrugged in response. I pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car going over to her side and opening the door.

"Come here. I wanna hold you for a minute."

She got out of the car and wrapped her arms around my waist as I wrapped mine around her shoulders, holding her tightly.

"I promise I'm gonna get you out of there as soon as I can. And things will get better for you Elle. I promise."

"I hope you're right. I don't know if I can take much more of this."

"Don't worry. I'll be with you every step of the way. No matter what."

I love you.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A/N: posting two chapters today because no one reads this shit anyway so who cares

But I hope you enjoyed this chapter </3