4.

The said girls turned on her heel as she heard her name being called.

Right beside her stood Rosé, who Taehyung recognised was one of the girls in his managerial communications class, as he remembered she was pursuing a management career.

Jennie slightly furrowed her eyebrows looking for the said man, as Taehyung was puzzled how Jimin had even known this new girl.

Once her eyes finally landed on the male beside him, he was compelled to watch her reaction, as he noticed her slightly widening her eyes in reaction as a hand went over her mouth in shock.

"Jimin?" The name left her mouth as the guy nodded, walking up to her as Jennie happily embraced him with open arms.

Taehyung on the other hand glanced at Jungkook who was just as confused as him.

He looked back over at Jimin, who was chatting away with Jennie, as if they had met every day or something.

He looked down at his watch, as he pursed his lips at the time.

"Let's go get him or he'll be late." He informed Jungkook who nodded agreeing, as the two walked over to the three at the entrance of the classroom.

"How do they even know each other?" Jungkook asked while they were out of ear shot, as Taehyung slumped his shoulders unsure.

"For the first time kook, I have absolutely no fucking clue." He admitted.

"Jimin." He muttered his name once close, as all three had turned to the new voice.

Rosé a little surprised as she had never spoken to the male before, just as she was to Jennie and Jimin's conversation.

Jennie, confused to see him there as the male observed the girls forehead crinkle in confusion as she narrowed her eyes before she fixed her expression to not seem rude.

"Ah Taehyung! Me-" Jimin started, as Taehyung realised he was planning on introducing the two to each other.

"You have two minutes to get across campus. Go quickly." He deliberately cut him off as he wasn't in the mood for any awkward small talk introductions.

Jimin widened his eyes as he quickly averted his eyes to the wall clock behind Taehyung, where the time was indicated in big red letters as he grew panicked.

"Shit! Uh Jen I'll see you again at lunch to talk. And Taehyung I'll see you later too. Let's go!" He said as he grabbed Jungkook's arm shocking the poor boy as he was being dragged around the campus.

Taehyung shook his head at the two before he looked back forward to see the two girls looking the same way, as he took the opportunity to slip away.

Walking into his room, he was able to hear the chatter of excited college students meeting each other in a while and gossip already flying around, as he also noticed the two girls now behind him.

Looking around to find an empty seat, he found one near the window in the mid section, as he wordlessly places his bag before sliding into his seat, plugging his AirPods back in as he closed his eyes.

Much to his annoyance, when a certain voice was heard, he couldn't help peeling one of his eyes and subconsciously gazing at the direction of the sound.

Jennie's laughter.

He couldn't put a finger on it. Why was he so unknowingly compelled to look when he heard her laugh. It was confusing to him. 

He had never heard a stable conversation with this girl.
Heck they probably only exchanged two sentences with one another.

Yet her laughter and her voice had him looking over at her, sitting two rows ahead to the left of him.

He hadn't even realised that she had also managed to claw her way into his thoughts, as he internally groaned.

What the heck was happening.

Shaking away those thoughts and feelings he put his attention outside, as the campus garden came into view.

Right near the window was a patch of hydrangeas, likely placed by the agriculture students, nonetheless beautiful.

Talking to people less made him appreciate the beauty of what was around him, or what was left anyways.

He had his chin rested in the palm of his hand as he continued to look around the garden, seeing butterflies in the distance, along with birds in the trees.

How the leaves had glistened as the sunlight cascaded off of them, looking fresh after the last rain.

I slip into memories.

Flashback to a summer night,
Got your converse wet from the rain outside,
And I still thought for the rest of our lives,
(We would have each other)
(God I miss you more than ever)
(But there's nothing I can say to make you change your mind)

He smiled at the lyrics of Strangers Forever, another song by the artist Ruby.

It's safe to say that he knew this was one artist he could listen to endlessly on loop, despite not knowing what she looked like.

No public appearances, shows, pictorials, or anything.

Not a single clue to anyone about what she looked like, yet she procured millions and millions of listeners, Taehyung being one of the loyal ones.

He didn't know what it was that made him like her so much.

Maybe it was how her voice could be sultry to soulful the next, or maybe it was the versatility she had.

Whichever and whatever it is, he was entranced.

His music session was interrupted soon by the professor stepping into class, as Taehyung respectfully took his AirPods out, placing them in the case and into the pocket of his jacket.

He glanced beside him to see another male student had taken the seat beside him, probably a new transfer, as he had never seen him around campus before,

His eyes fell on the ID card of the person laying on the table, as he was able to make out the name from the awkward angle, before he looked up again.

Kim Namjoon.