5: The Fear

Percy POV

"I couldn't hold it in any longer. I'm sorry," Leo expressed with a red face.

My attention turned towards the sudden commotion that originated near the locker room doorway. Rachel, Drew, and Leo were arguing. Drew had a towel wrapped around her body, and her hair was still wet.

"Guys, what is going on?" Thalia intervened.

"This pervert decided to waltz into the bathroom while we were getting ready," Drew snapped dramatically.

"I'm not a pervert. I really had to use the restroom," Leo explained himself.

I sighed. I was expecting a problem like this to arise at some point. We had decided that the girls had control of the bathroom in the morning while the boys got to shower at night. During those hours, the other gender couldn't come into the bathroom.

However, if someone had to pee or poop, they'd obviously have to break the rules. Leo was the first one to do so.

"Okay, Drew, it's not that big of a deal. Leo really had to use the restroom. Can you please let it slide?" I asked as I approached them.

Leo looked at me with gratitude in his eyes. I doubted that Leo did this on purpose. He joked around a lot, but he wasn't that kind of guy. Drew's eyes sparkled with mischief and shock as she turned towards me.

"Percy, I'd let it slide if it were you, not him," Drew commented slyly. She twirled her finger around a strand of hair.

I rolled my eyes at her flirtations. Did she have no shame? She was making a scene and flirting while standing publically in a towel. Like, what?

"Wow, that was a blow," Leo said with a frown.

I sighed as I rubbed my forehead. I was not in the mood for any of this. It was bad enough to be stuck in a sick game, and I didn't want to deal with any drama. I patted Leo's shoulder before we walked away from the group.

"Sorry about that, Leo. How about we go to the pool room?" I asked.

Leo smiled as he nodded. It was true that girls generally were attracted to me. I've managed many experiences with girls due to my appearance and personality. Regardless, I hated when individuals tried to compare people with each other.

Everyone is their own person. No one is superior to anyone else (that is unless you're talking about criminals or jerks or something).

As Leo and I walked through the Sector 3 hallway, a question arose.

"Leo, you're one of the smartest people here, and you're great with technology. Do you see anything that could help us out of here?" I asked.

"The technology in this place is beyond advanced. The whole building is fortified. It's astonishing how Elysium build all these games and puzzles without us being able to find them until they want us to," Leo explained.

"I wish you had a better answer," I said quietly.

We finally came towards the pool room. I had spent some time in here already. I loved swimming and being in the water. It reminded me of good times. When I was little, my mom and I would spend our vacations in a cabin near Montauk Beach.

The pool room was the busiest of the rooms that we had access to. There was a 25-meter pool with lane dividers. Beach chairs and tables rested on one side of the room. A lot of pool equipment, toys, and boxes were on the far side. The walls had many posters and metals. Overall, it looked like a high school swim team's pool.

However, I knew that this room was home to a very dangerous game.

"Percy, when do you think our next phase will start?" Leo asked as we walked towards the pool. I just wanted to relax in the water.