11: The RIP

Percy POV

I analyzed the silver key in my hand. It wasn't an ordinary key. It didn't look like it went into a normal lock. It was bulky on one side and slender on the other. The slender side had specific ridges and cracks to emphasize its key-like nature.

I was sitting on the toilet as I studied the key. I was being very careful about keeping the key hidden. As far as I knew, the bathroom stalls didn't have cameras. At least, I hoped they didn't.

Plus, I was hiding the key from the others.

Reyna warned me that I had to be careful. This key was very important for the next phase, and I didn't want to risk losing the key or fighting about it.

"Hey, Percy, hurry up in there. Technically, the bathroom is reserved for the girls in the morning," Piper exclaimed as she pounded the door.

"Can't a guy poop in peace," I shouted back.

"NO, not when it's not your turn. Hurry up because I need to shower," Piper shot back before chuckling.

I sighed. I slipped the key back into my pocket before stepping out. Piper was waiting near the sink as I washed my hands.

"How are you feeling?" Piper asked softly.

"Well, considering that I felt dead two days ago, I'm much better now. I will never take food for granted ever again," I said easily.

"Alright, Pipes, the bathroom is yours. Thanks for giving me a slip."

"You're welcome. Also, you're lucky that I was in here and not Drew. She would have made you hold it till noon," Piper commented with a smirk.

"Yeah, I owe you one," I acknowledged before stepping out of the bathroom. I closed the connecting door behind me so that Piper had some privacy. The room was mostly empty besides Nico, who was sitting criss-cross on his bed.

He looked to be meditating by himself. Nico was an interesting character. I didn't really understand him, but he knew how to survive.

I decided not to bother him and walked to the pool room instead. Hazel, Frank, Leo, and Will were swimming. Jason and Thalia were chilling in the beach chairs. Thalia was massaging her pregnant belly while closing her eyes.

I walked to the northeast section of the pool area and scanned the wall. The space between the two Olympics posters had nothing. I looked for a keyhole of some sort, but it was empty.

"Percy, what are you looking for?" Frank asked loudly.

"Nothing, I'm just reading the posters," I covered as I turned around. Frank was treading water in the deep end as he talked to me.

We talked for a few more minutes before I left. Rachel, Drew, and Annabeth were working out in the weight room. I had to admit that exercise was a great way to relieve stress. That was what they were doing.

I didn't know how I felt about Rachel and Annabeth together. There was a conflicted tension between them (and, I could kinda guess why).

I sighed as I passed the gym room. However, I paused near the open blue room. Considering that my key had to do with the blue room, I already checked in there. However, the blue room was completely empty. Literally, nothing was in the room.

The blue room was exactly what it sounded like. It was a small room where all the walls were illuminated by fluorescent blue lights.

Luke was standing in the room, a serious expression on his face.

"Um, Luke, what are you doing in here?" I asked curiously from the doorway. Luke turned towards me with a glare.

"Why are you speaking with me?" he asked sharply.