Chapter 14

Mark finally finished everything for the football final that started at seven sharp. As he reached for the controller, the door slowly opened. Mark looked over his shoulder to Josh, hanging up his jacket and placing it on the table beside the door.

Josh grabbed the chip, dipped it in the dip, sat on the couch and said, "what did I miss" he opened a beer can and watched the game. Mark opened the beer can, took a sip, and said,  "not much, the game just started," as they smiled at the game together.

Alex stood out because her father often could hear him talking to someone, so she slowly opened the door to see that he had thrown some pictures off his deck. Alex took a deep breath and fully opened the door to see that she was walking over to the image and said, Cameron was surprised to see you again, as she stood beside her father, looking down at an idea by her feet.

Cameron had his crash soda can, trying to stay calm, and said, "what are you going to do now, Mr. Heart sat down in his chair and said, "I have an idea," as he got up from his chair and left the room to come back with a group of people.

Alex was a little lost, and her father said, "just let them work on you,'' as she left with them to the next room.

Cameron walked toward Mr. Heart and said, "so let me guess, you gave your only daughter free make-up over," as Mr. Heart poured two glasses of champagne. Alex was trying to scratch her nose but couldn't because her nail was still dry but soon looked over so many jewelry closers to me, also not used to this treatment in her life.

Then after hours, they place a long pink hair wig on her head. As they turn the chair to the mirror, Alex slowly opens her eyes to see a different person in the mirror. Cameron and Mr. Heart were still drinking away at the champagne to see the door opened to see Alex wearing a beautiful dress and a matching pair of high heel boots and said, "Now I get it, Alex, a different look," as he started tripping over his feet as he headed out the door.

Alex took off the wig and said, "dad, sure about this," as he placed his hand on her cheek and replied, "better to keep our family from being nothing', as Alex understood, she left the often headed to her bedroom.

After Mark and Josh were pissed off that their football team didn't win, they took their time chilling in the hot tube. The music was blasting loud, but soon it was turned down low. Mark looks to see Angle, who stands beside the stereo said "a nice way to ruin guys fn" Angel smiles and starts making a bloody mary in the outside bar, speaking, "well, our father wants to talk about your stupid thing at the hospital," as Mark got out of the hot tube to grab his shirt.

Mark heads out the backdoor, gets in his car, drives out on the street, and heads to his dad often but knows he will hate it.