Buck's Karma Comes Back Times Three

It’s only from the miracle of K’s flask that Sophie managed to get herself onto the altar. In fact, Buck took a few pulls himself, just so he could grab a seat. And here’s the honest to god truth: for all of Buck’s talk about how well organized and empathetic he is, he’d really love to say he managed to pull off a genuine miracle with this wedding.

But it’s pretty obvious by now he did no such thing. The thing that finally worked was the groom getting drunk, and Sophie and Kayla were somehow talked into going through with the wedding, and even then, that was all K’s doing, not Buck’s.

All eyes are on Kayla as her father walks her down the aisle. Of course she looks stunning in white, in a Sophia Tolli dress, with asymmetric ruching through the front and back bodice, accented by sequined lace appliqués. To complete the look, she’s even wearing some sparkle on her ears and neck, which catches Buck’s eye as she passes him.

 To complete the look, she’s even wearing some sparkle on her ears and neck, which catches Buck’s eye as she passes him

But as she does, of course that’s when Buck catches Eddie’s eye at the end of the aisle, as Sophie’s best man. But now, he only looks for a second before looking away, almost sad, and that sad look just makes Buck feel sad himself.

But somehow, Kayla makes it to the end of the altar without incident. Her father lifts the veil, kisses her on the cheek, and moves to the side as the priest gestures for everyone to be seated.

Because Buck’s in the pews, she doesn’t see Kayla steal a look at Adriana, or how Sophie catches that look between them.

But he, along with everyone else, notices as the preacher says, “Dearly beloved, we’re gathered here today to unite these two in holy matrimony.”, Sophie lets out a snicker.

The preacher pauses, before continuing, “If there is anyone here who sees a reason why they should not be wed, speak now, or forever hold your peace.”

Given the stolen look from a moment ago, it would make sense if someone in either bride’s party were to speak up, but they don’t. They just stand there, looking miserable, unable to even look at each other.

For a second, it looks like no one is going to object, until they all hear it: a loud hiccup.

In seconds, everyone is turning their heads towards the source of the noise, one Evan Buckley, who’s covering his mouth.

But instead of being shocked or embarrassed, he breaks out into giggles, and it’s only when he turns around and sees his boss glaring at him that he manages to settle down.

“Let’s just move straight to the vows, shall we?” the preacher says, gesturing to the best man. “The rings?”

Eddie pulls the out of his coat pocket, hands them to the preacher, who holds them up,

“With these rings come a responsibility to commitment and fidelity.”

This time Sophie mutters under her breath, “There’s a laugh for you.”, which makes the preacher address her first,