OO2: 𝙎𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙙 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨

— SMALL TALK, AND YOU
TELL ME THAT YOU'RE ON FIRE !

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

saiki kusuo
Before the end of the day could come, Saiki decided at the next break he would arrange a meeting between all of P.K's psychics; reluctantly named 'The Psykickers'. Upon remembering one of their more event interactions, they too saw hidden signs of y/n. Maybe, just maybe, this meant they had remembered y/n too. If the rest couldn't, Saiki wanted to rely on them.

Dragging her out by the wrist, he took her through empty corridors. "Where are we going?" She questioned, trying her best to catch up to him. There was this weird tingling sensation rushing through her legs, soreness? She never felt any form of pain usually, this included anything minor such as running and jumping feelings. 'Aiura and Toritsuka.' He answered shortly.

"Huh?" y/n froze for a moment, but that didn't stop the psychic from dragging her along. "Okay- Hold up. Hold up!" She whisper-shouted, holding him back from walking any further. He turned around with furrowed brows. 'What's wrong?' To which was answered with, "Nothing... I guess? But, are you sure this is a good idea?" y/n didn't know how to express her distress; the others not knowing her hurt enough. If there was no luck with her best friend she knew she could always trust, what more could y/n do?

'Listen. In the period that you had gone, we saw so many signs of you. Angels, wings, all of that. It wasn't only me. You need to trust me here.' There was a sense of urgency in his voice. He wanted to help the person he loved, and he was praying to every god that this had worked. He obeyed to y/n's wishes of not forcing memories back into everyone's mind, but Aiura and y/n were an unstoppable pair. He knew she needed Aiura just as much as she needed himself.

y/n stayed silent, thinking. Saiki wasted no time into dragging her back into their hurried walk. "Kusuo just!" She forced him back into a stop again. 'y/n, you need to trust—!' The moment he turned to face her again, was the moment he immediately held her face in his hands. Tears welled up in her eyes and she couldn't force them back. 'H-Hey, c'mon...' He muttered, using his thumb to wipe away the tear that spilt.

"Thank you Kusuo, but it isn't worth it if this doesn't work out. Adjusting is hard enough. So please, don't make me go through more of this." She begged quietly, using the back of her hands to clean up her face. Immediately, all that had piled up in Saiki's stomach was regret. He was trying his best, he really was, he just didn't realise that all he caused was pain. 'I'm... I'm so sorry.' He said lowly, slowly bringing her into a warm hug. Just like that, seeing her cry pulled on each individual heart string and made it snap.

'I'm so sorry I didn't realise earlier.' He apologised, brushing her hair back gently. He felt her shake her head. "It's okay. Thank you for helping though. It's all I ever need." She assured, taking a moment to breathe. He hummed softly, letting her take her time. 'But we need to try it. Just this once. After this I'll do anything you need me to do, and I promise I won't push further.' As much as he cared for her wishes, Saiki wasn't as willing to give up. "You're stupid..." She muttered in his shoulder. Saiki immediately chuckled, 'Alright, let's go.'.

Making it to the front of the door, the two could hear the gentle talking from the other two in the room. Staring down at the door handle y/n's hand hovered over, she couldn't help but to smile softly. She missed her friends, she just hoped that they felt the same way back. 'You ready?' Saiki murmured, squeezing her hand. "Yeah. Let's do this." She huffed out, opening the door, and swinging it open as they let go of each other's hands.

Entering in with the biggest smile she could muster, the two turned their heads with a soft 'Hm?'. 'I have someone to introduce you guys to.' Saiki immediately stated, closing the door behind him with his powers. "Oh!" Toritsuka awed, jumping to hug her feet. "Who's this?! Your cousin? You're so beautiful please go out—" y/n took no time in kicking him off. "Hey!" She yelped, stumbling behind Saiki, who glared with a visible tick mark on his forehead.

Aiura, who jumped from the desk she sat upon, walked up to the pair. y/n's heart swelled up with both excitement and nervousness. They smiled to each other, a smile of familiarity, having the sense remembrance. And for a single moment, y/n felt the weight being lifted right off her shoulders and her heart became at ease.

"I missed y—" - "Hey you're our new kid, right?" Saiki could see it all on y/n's face. She knew it'd end up like this, and yet she still forced herself through it. "Oh. Yeah." She firmly nodded, weakly bringing her hand out for a handshake. Aiura flashed her infamous smile, grabbing her hand back. "Great to meet you, I'm Aiura Mikoto. Call me Miko if you like." She hummed. With glossy eyes, y/n looked down at their hands and spoke under her breath, "Lovely to meet you—"

- "I'm kidding come here!" Aiura squealed, forcefully dragging the girl into a tight hug, immediately spinning her around. "H-Hey!" y/n almost fell to the ground whilst spinning, but now had hugged her back just as tight. "Why would you do me like that?!" She hissed, now crying. 'Controlling emotions; remember to learn how to control that.' Saiki mentally checked off, watching the two have their moment.

"Ah~ I'm sorry n/n, but I really couldn't help it." She cooed, smacking a big kiss on the cheek, leaving a glossy, sparkly stain. "I'm sorry I ever forgot you, I promise I'll do better!" Aiura dramatically cried, now slowly letting go of the other. y/n burst out into laughter through her tears, "No, it's okay. Just as long as you promise not to do it ever again." She sighed, the two now looking into each other's eyes.

'Okay, moment's done. Hurry and get off of her.' Saiki pulled his girlfriend from the other, the two going into a loud whine. "No~!" - "Don't take her away from me!" - 'You two are helpless.'. The three had then lost themselves in a sweet moment, happy that even if y/n had nothing else, she knew she could still count on them.

Toritsuka was still on the floor.