OO6: 𝙎𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙐 𝘽𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙂𝙤𝙣𝙚

— IDEALISM SITS IN PRISON

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

l/n y/n
'... I can't breathe for the first time!' Music rang through her ears, fingers tapping against the folder she held against her chest. 'Since U Been Gone', by Kelly Clarkson, a classic song that's been on repeat for the past while. y/n first heard it in a mall playing as she was looking at cute stationery. Ever since then, y/n got obsessed with the high notes and lyrics.

'I'm still moving on, yeah, yeah!' - 'Are you ever gonna listen to anything else?' There was Saiki's spiteful tone. "Goodness, no one asked you to be listening in too." y/n spat, poking her tongue at him. 'It's like I don't have a choice.'.

They were walking beside each other to school, nothing but the silence of the street, a few birds, music, and well, for Saiki, hundreds of voices of those around him. It was a warm morning, Saiki carrying y/n's school jacket for her. So, obviously, a warm morning meant a warm day. A warm day meant it would be perfect for going out with friends after a school. The psychic could not agree though, persisting they stay home and eat coffee jellies.

"But we do that everyday!" y/n objected, "Listen, hear me out first. You may remember me, Aiura may remember me, but there's still the whole group that don't know who I am! I don't even know myself yet. So give me a chance to learn what I like, and if they'll like me again." She nudged. 'You're guilt tripping me.' - "Hell yeah I am." - 'Hell?' - "Shut up.".

When they arrived, everyone was placed in their allocated seats, all greeting one another. "Hey y/n, Saiki!" Kaidou beamed, his red bandages loosely hanging from his arms. "Hi hi!" She waved right back, skipping towards him, leaving Saiki behind. The two conversed for a while, seeing as class wouldn't start for another 15 minutes.

"Good morning Pal!" Nendou slapped Saiki's back hard, the boy getting shoved forward slightly. 'What is it this time?' Situated in his seat, Saiki gave the other a side glare. "Ramen today?" Nendou asked mindlessly. "Eh? Again? Why don't we do something new for once?" Kaidou huffed, turning around from his and y/n's conversation.

"Well what else are we supposed to do?" Nendou rhetorically asked, with a hint of sass in his tone. "Are you guys doing something?" Chiyo butted in next. 'Where are all these people coming from...' Saiki stared blankly. "Yeah, we're gonna eat ramen." - "No we're not!" A mini fight broke out.

Laughing as she watched the two banter, y/n slid into her own seat, placing her phone on the table. Realising her earbuds were all tangled up, y/n made the effort to untangle in. Meanwhile, Teruhashi made her way by, glancing down at the girl's phone. "Hey! I like that song too!" The blue-headed student pointed out, motioning at y/n's phone.

"Really?!" Her eyes brightened up, her body shifting in her seat to face the other. "Mhm!" Teruhashi nodded enthusiastically. The sight in front of the psychic was unlike any other. Before this, Teruhashi would be cursing out y/n, and probably would make a comment about her being inferior. However, upon reading her mind, there was nothing but genuine interest. "Do you know any other songs like this? Or western songs maybe?" y/n asked, Teruhashi responding in a quick nod whilst taking her phone. "Let me show you these people. My brother knows a lot of western idols since he's collaborated with some." Teruhashi explained.

Were they... becoming... friends?

The girls' conversation got interrupted by Chiyo, who invited them to their new after school plan; no, not ramen, but karaoke! "That sounds so fun! We should definitely do it." y/n agreed, turning in her seat to get Saiki's approval. Seeing her beaming eyes and excited grin, Saiki couldn't reject. '...Fine.'.