six

We fall into a heap of laughter, trying to finish our last bonding game. It's obviously not working.

I think we're pretty well bonded by now though. This week has been one of the best weeks I've had in a very long time. These girls have quickly moved their way up in my life.

"What is going on in here? Did we not get invited to the party?" A loud Irish voice courses through the air above our giggles.

I forgot the boys were coming today. Shit.

I try to keep my face smiling but it falters when my eyes meet Harry's. His mouth drops slightly when he sees me. He goes to say something when he's cut off by Louis's booming voice, "Woahh, Peyton! I love the new hair, darling, suits you." After my panic attacks on Monday, I decided I needed to be in control of something. So Daisy went to the store and bought a dark brown hair dye. It did its job well enough in making me feel better. And the band didn't come to any of the other practice days this week, thus why Louis is so shocked.

My cheeks flush instantly, not liking how everyone's attention is now on me. I manage to mutter out a 'thank you' and the focus is switched over to James who began talking to the band.

I keep my eyes down when I turn back around, avoiding Harry's harsh gaze. Can he look literally anywhere else? I feel like I'm being watched by a damn lion.

"-party or something at someone's house." James finishes his speech that I zoned out during.

"What did he say?" I whisper to Daisy. "He just said that we had a good week and real practices start on Monday so we should have a little get-together thing at someone's house." I nod to show her that I heard what she said. "It's definitely not going to be at our house, that's for sure." A small snort leaves my nose.

She's right though, our house is way too small and way too messy to have this many people over.

A low, gravelly voice from behind us speaks up over the chatter, "My house." Harry says it like a statement rather than a question that's up for debate. My stomach flips over the thought of going back to his house.

Everyone starts agreeing with him and making plans for when and how to get to his house. Daisy nudges me with her elbow to signal me to look at her. "Are you okay with that?" She says in her perfectly soft voice. The day after my breakdown, I made her breakfast in bed and I told her just how much I appreciate and love her. "Are we going to be drinking?" Daisy nods. "Then I'll be fine." A tiny chuckle escapes her lips.

"Harold's house at 8 it is then." Louis speaks, announcing the final plans. "Be safe and have fun, my children." James makes all of us laugh and that's our signal that we can leave. We haul ourselves up off the floor and to where our bags are on the opposite side of the room.

After we've collected our belongings, we say our 'see you later's and head our separate ways in the parking lot. As Daisy and I climb into our car, I see Harry watching us as he gets into his Range. I send him a small wave, just to be cute and nice. This causes a beaming smile to grace his face, making me smile in return.

"How are you whipped already?" I hear Daisy cackle next to me. I just roll my eyes, smile still plastered on my face.

***

We pull up to the gate in front of Harry's house, which automatically opens for us. I forgot how massive his house is. My nerves skyrocket when I pull up next to Maya in her car.

I have a strict plan for tonight: drink enough to where my anxiety is severely lessened but not enough to where I start making rash decisions. And avoid Harry at all costs.

Both Daisy and I take a deep breath before hopping out of the car, adjusting our outfits when we're fully out.  I'm wearing a white bra top with a matching white skater skirt, fishnets, and my Dr Martens, paired with a thick chain. My dark hair is lightly curled and pulled back into a half-up style. Daisy has on a cropped button-up shirt and a plaid, gray mini skirt and knee-high white boots, a men's tie tied loosely around her neck. She decided we should match with our hair being curled.