I Won't Go Out With You: Jacob Meets Percabeth

ANNABETH'S POV

The lunch bell rang, cutting through the tired Friday stupor almost everyone in my Greek Mythology class had fallen in to. Even I wasn't paying attention, because I already knew everything that Mr.Poulos was talking about. 

I walked slowly to my locker, not in any hurry to get to the cafeteria. As I spun the dial, entering my combination, Alexis ran towards me, obviously excited about something.

"So, when are you getting picked up by this mysterious boyfriend of yours?", she asked, not even saying hello.

Wait a minute! I had totally forgotten! Today was a half-day, and we were getting let out after lunch. Percy was picking me up to see a movie, then we were driving to Camp Half-Blood since next week was Spring Break. All I had to do was make it half-way though lunch. 

I walked with Alexis to the cafeteria, heading to our usual spot, where Nellie was already sitting. Reading, as usual. Not that I was judging, I read just as much, probably more than her. 

As we passed the prep table, where all of the jocks, cheerleaders, and other people that were high up in the social hierarchy sat, Jacob, the baseball team captain stood up and walked in our direction. 

In school, Jacob was considered (by other girls) as the hottest boy in school. He was attractive enough, but a total player and he looked like a Hypeborean Giant compared to Percy. 

JACOB'S POV 

I sauntered over to where Annabeth was standing with her nerdy friend. She wasn't popular, unlike most of the girls I had dated, but she was easily the hottest. She has tanned skin, a hot body, it looked like she worked out, and princess-y blond hair, which was good, because I liked dumb blonds. The only thing that wasn't hot was her eyes. They were scary gray, like storm clouds. 

Anyways, I was in need of some new arm candy, and Annabeth was the girl I wanted, and the girl I was gonna get. No girl said no to me. I was THE hottest guy in school. 

"Hey Annabeth!" ... 

BACK TO ANNABETH'S POV

"Hey Annabeth!", Jacob said. I looked at him quickly, not expecting him to talk to me. 

"So, I'm pretty sure that you have nothing to do on Saturday. I'll do you a favor and take you out.", he said, smirking. 

Wait, he wanted to go on a date with me?! I laughed mentally, like that was gonna happen. I would never go on a date with Jacob. He was a total scumbag. 

I looked him in the face. "No, I will not go out with you."

He looked shell-shocked, like he was surprised that a girl could say no to him.

"What do you mean 'No'? Why not? I'm the hottest guy in school. Everyone want's to date me", said Jacob. 

I laughed out loud this time. "I won't date you for two reasons. One. I already have a boyfriend. Even if I didn't have a boyfriend, I wouldn't. Two. I couldn't care less if you were the hottest guy on the planet. I'm not interested in dating an asshole or a douche-bag, and you happen to be both of those. Now if you will excuse me...", I said, checking my phone, seeing a text from Percy. He was in the parking lot. "I have better places to be. My boyfriend is picking me up." 

Jacob narrowed his eyes, obviously mad about being turned down. I said a quick goodbye to Alexis and waved to Nellie, then ran to grab my bag from my locker. Percy sent me another text, telling me that we were gonna be late for out movie.

I guess his ADHD was getting to him. 

As I neared the door to the student parking lot, I saw Jacob and a group of others, including a third of the varsity baseball team and 7 or 8 of the meanest popular (stuck-up/rich) girls. I slowed down but kept walking towards the door.

I couldn't wait to see Percy. I hadn't seen him since Christmas Break, three and a half months ago. Suffice to say, I missed him a lot!

Before I could make it out the door, however, Jacob stopped me. 

"So," he began. "Let's see this 'boyfriend' of yours." One of the cheerleaders whispered, "I doubt he even exists!" and a bunch of others snickered. 

I just shrugged and continued out into the parking lot, with the others following me. I looked around for Percy's blue car.

He was parked in the fire-lane, leaning against his back head-light playing on his phone, waiting for me. I was so excited, I couldn't hold it in anymore. 

"Seaweed Brain!", I yelled out. He looked up from his phone quickly. When he saw me, he broke into a huge smile. 

I ran at him and jumped into him, hugging him with no intention of letting go.

He whispered into my ear, " I missed you so much!" I pulled back and looked into his gorgeous sea-green eyes. 

"Me too.", I said, and we kissed for the first time in almost 4 months.

Then one of the cheerleader behind me yelled out, "There is no way that this nerd", gesturing to me, "could have a boyfriend this hot!!" 

Percy and I broke apart. His eyes were wide at the realization that we had company. I turned around, annoyed at our interruption. The entire group looked beyond shocked. Some of them, including Jacob, had their mouths hanging open. 

I laughed. "Jacob, shut your mouth. Didn't you know the flies are bad this season? Percy, these people didn't believe that you existed. Jacob here needed proof, after I turned down his generous offer of a date."

I felt Percy tense up next to me, mad that Jacob had hit on me. His hands balled into fists. When he started forwards, I put my hand on his arms to stop him. 

"Hey, I can handle this!", I said, and he un-clenched his fists. He knew that I could take care of myself. 

I walked up to Jacob, looked him in the eyes and punched him square in the nose. 

"Leave me alone, douchebag.", I told him.

Percy laughed to him. He threw his arm over my shoulder and I pecked him on the cheek. 

"Let's go see a movie, Wisegirl."

"Let's go!", I said, and got into Percy's car. As we drove off, my hand in Percy's, I let go off all of the crap that happened at school, and focused on having a great Spring Break.

Phew, that was long! I wrote this one after I was finished with ELA testing at school! Thanks SOO much for reading!!!!! Comment to tell me what you think!! Luvs ~Abby <3