8

—— MIDNIGHT

—— MIDNIGHT

I spent my last minutes finishing up an essay for writing class just as the library was about to close for the night and it was pouring.

Just as I finished jotting down the last words, I grabbed my crutches to pick myself up. Yes...I still had the damn crutches on.

But hey on the bright side, I'm getting them off in 3 days!!

"Hey. You need to leave we're about to close up, get home quickly and safely. You know it's not right to stay this late and walk home alone as a girl." One of the librarians scolded me.

I bowed towards the older woman for her deep concerns, "Don't worry ma'am my house isn't too far away, I'll get home safely."

"By chance...do you have an umbrella?"

"Sadly I don't, this is why you might want to start rushing home before the rain gets heavier." She pushed me slightly towards the door.

"and cover your head dear. We don't want you catching a cold!!"

I nodded and walked out of the library, god if only these crutches weren't here I would've saved my head.

I cursed to myself under my breath, then screeching of a car approached me. Another car hurdling towards me, it was him. It was Yang.

Yang seized the car and looked out the window, "this time I'm not trying to crash into you, but get in the car."

"Huh why?"

"Because it's raining, you're going to catch a cold?" He raised a brow, waiting for me to enter the vehicle.

Without a hesitation I finally hopped into the car, I could see Jungwon's lips curved up to a smirk as he viewed my face and clothes soaking wet.

Oh...I see where you're going with this Yang. Fair play.

"Who's the one laughing now." He snickered, raising up my chin up with his index finger as he gazed at the thin strands of my hair with drops plummeting to my lap.

Recreating a puddle on my sweatpants, "Shut it Yang." I growled, averting my eyes away from any more teasing he planned to give me.

"Want me to drop you off to Yeeun's house?"

"Yea."

"So what's up with you Hmm? You're always up at midnight,walking the same streets. What are you doing, smoking...alcohol?"

"No of course not, I was at the library near the neighborhood to get our essay for class done."

"At midnight?"

"Do you have a problem? I have the rights to go out at night."

"I didn't say shit but ok." He shrugged.

"Won another race? How much? Hey what the heck I'm the announcer why didn't you guys take me."

"It was a different race, there was already a referee. That's why Jake didn't call you." He shrugged, speeding up to the light before it hit red.

"And if you should know, I got $7000 today. 1st place, as expected." He bantered, I wonder where they get all that money to reward them with.

Jungwon finally pulled up to the gateway of Yeeun's house. I was about to step out of the car until someone pulled me back into my seat.

"Take this, and don't think I forgot about what happened today. Mark my words, I'll get you back Hyerim. And you'll never see it coming." He whispered, placing an umbrella into my hands before pushing me out of the car with his one arm.

I scoffed before opening my umbrella. "You'll never see it coming, my ass."

Everytime he pulls something like that, he's the one who ends up being the victim. So I don't think I'll have to worry.

——