thirteen

july 1, 2020
JACOB CAME HOME FROM HIS GIRLFRIENDS HOUSE and saw his mother passed out of the couch. He walked upstairs and peeked into melody's room when he passed it. He saw melody laying on the floor passed out with a bruise on her face. He rushed to her and made sure she was breathing before looking  around for anything to clean up the blood on her head. He picked up a random tshirt and pressed it against her head. He was about to call jj and then realized he couldn't and then remembered that melody made him promise that he would never tell the pogues about their mothers abuse. He shook her shoulders, trying to wake her up. After what felt like forever mel woke up with a terrible headache. Jacob carefully hugged her and let some tears fall onto her back. "where is she?" melody whispered. "she's asleep" he whispered back.

"can you get me some medicine?" melody asked and he nodded and walked downstairs.

He grabbed some tylenol and a glass of water and took it to her. She took it and sat up and put her shoes on. "what are you doing?" he asked her. "i gotta watch wheezie in 10 minutes" she rambled and he stood up and grabbed her shoulders. "just take it easy okay?" he asked and she nodded.

Mel drove to the camerons and parked. She knocked on the large door. Sarah opened the door with a smile but it quickly faded when she saw the bruise on the side of her face. "woah, what happened to your face?" sarah asked and melody remembered that she didnt cover the bruise. "oh uh.. i fell..landed straight on my face" melody nervously chuckled. Sarah raised a brow but rose inturupted them. "hi melody" rose greeted and let mel in. Ward and rose left for some dinner, sarah was going out with topper and rafe was upstairs with kelce. Wheezie and Mel painted in wheezie's room with criminal minds in the background. "ill be right back" melody set her paint brush down and walked out of wheezies room and into one of the many bathrooms. When she walked out she walked straight into someone's chest, "oh sorry" she looked up and it was rafe. "nah ur good" he said and lifted her chin with his finger and examined the bruise. "you okay?" he asked and she nodded. The two had lunch together the day after rafe asked if she wanted to hang out. She went back to wheezie's room and they painted for the rest of the time.