𝘢𝘵𝘺𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘣𝘪𝘢

This talks about the fear of failure which is something I relate to and maybe you too. This is mainly talking about Areum's thoughts quite metaphorically. Also, I just wanted to write this down in case I forget for the future. This will most likely be included in future chapters in the main storyline.

 This will most likely be included in future chapters in the main storyline

Work harder.
Be better.
Don't fall.

I write strings of words that have been etched into the back of my mind after endless hours of studying all to receive... a simple number. Praise? Money? It is funny how we now give connotations to letters and numbers to dictate whether our hard work will be worth anything. It's weird, but it's all I could think about as I wrote endlessly with the time of the clock ticking and ticking. I have always wanted to achieve high numbers and letters, and that's what I did.

For years, I rose, achieving those high numbers, watching the smiling faces of those who helped me congratulate me with the feeling of failure being so fog-like in the back of my mind. But, what I was oblivious to, was that I reached too high. Reached too far past the clouds. Reached too far to the sky. To a point where falling would lead to a crash.

Days go by after the release of our music and success but my mind always lingers on the questions,

Will, I rise or,
will I fall?

And now I sit here, waiting anxiously for the inevitable set of numbers and letters that will determine whether my hard work, my time and others' beliefs will be worth it. Will my success be their success or will my failure be their failure?

It's scary being up here, so high where everyone can see you. I don't want to fall. I don't want to crash. I don't want to disappoint and it consumes me as I constantly fear the nightmare of failure. Not just mine, everyone who has helped me along the way. The fact that the nightmare can come true tires me to the point of exhaustion. I'm tired. I just want to stop caring and not care for a few days but I can't help thinking that, if I fall, how many will I bring with me?

As more people watch me, idolise me an anxious pit of butterflies settles in my stomach as I wait the antagonising years to feel free from the stress. Our company is about to release our music, music that I have written in and taken part of. What if I fail? Will everyone laugh? Be happy? What will people think of me? What will my parents think? What will the boys think of me

After the release, we succeed.

Reaching high numbers

I release a breath of relief as we congratulate each other for the success... but I don't feel it. I don't feel the satisfaction. The happiness. Only relief because it's only a cycle from here on.

Work harder.
Be better.
Don't fall.

Failure is something normal but also something none of us wants to happen in our lives

Failure is something normal but also something none of us wants to happen in our lives. Faliure makes us not become ourselves due to the pressure of stress and disappointment, not just for ourselves but the others that believe in us but failure also makes us appreciate our success even more and strives us to achieve something great or even something small that makes us happy. It's important that we try to do well for ourselves and not just others.

Don't use failure as a way to fall, use failure as a way to rise.

<3