Who are we trying to convince?

AU - ilgaz & ceylin are invited to attend ilgaz colleague's wedding party.

-3rd POV-

The pale yellow envelope sits centre of attention on his table. All work abandoned as his eyes had yet to stray from the thin piece of paper.
His colleague's getting married next week and they wanted him and his wife to attend.
Wife.
Specifically his wife. Ceylin Kaya.

This was surely a test to see if his marriage was a lie, but what can he do? Not attending will perpetuate their growing suspicion, and attending is only other option.
How should he approach this topic with her?
Ilgaz's thoughts ran speedily through scenarios of how he could talk to her about this.

"You won't believe what that id---" Ceylin burst into ilgaz's office and unlike other times she sees that his face isn't buried in his work. Her eyes scan his statue form and settles on the yellow envelope that stood out like a sore thumb.

"Everything ok?" she asks, gently closing the door and settling her things on a chair.
Their eyes meet.

"We've been invited to my colleagues wedding party that's next week." He tells her in his usual no nonsense habit.

"You think this is a test don't you?" She asks.

"Yes."
Their eyes not leaving one another.

"Ok."

"Ok? What does that mean?" Confusion riddles his face. She smirks.

"We attend like we're suppose too. We'll act like we're suppose too. Done." She shrugs.

"Just like that? And you're ok with it?"

"Well it's not like we have a choice, and it's not that serious. Why are you worried?"

"I was worried because I thought you'd hate it."

It was things like this that made it difficult for Ceylin to keep herself in check, because somewhere along the line, she realized those fluttering feelings are not going to be fading away like she'd hope.

"There isn't another way" she tries to shrug it off like it was nothing.

It was only recently that she's discovered how much she enjoyed his eyes on her. Having his attention sorely on her was something she revelled in, it was to the point of being addictive.

"Ok. I'll let them know we'll attend. Also what wouldn't I believe?"

"Nevermind. I'll see you at home later" she says picking up her belongings and heading to the door.

"Why? Where are you heading?" he didn't like that they weren't gonna go home together, it had become a routine for them and he suddenly felt uneasy with this changeup.

"Shopping. Where else ?" she rolls her eyes at how oblivious he can be.

"One has got to look good to be in the arms of the distinguished prosecutor, don't you think?" she relief those clouds of confusion in his hipnotic eyes.

"You're already beautiful as you are."

"What did I tell you about saying things like that? Stop it before I fall in love with you" she tries to divert.

She felt her heart pick up speed and she needed to get out of this office or else she might end up indulging in one of her desires - their professional licenses would surely be taken away in an instant if it ever happens. It's the urge to test out if his desk is as sturdy as it looks.

After the door closed, leaving a disappointed ilgaz behind, said man felt disoriented, to say the least.

Thankfully, he only had a case left to go over and he'll be done for the day, because when Ceylin left she took almost all his concentration with her.