Chapter 1

My hands shook as I read the paper the lady behind the desk gave me. I tried so hard to breathe without seeing nervous. I couldn't believe this was finally happening, someone was going to adopt me. But not just anyone, my true parents... The one's who gave me life, also the ones who left me here. But it wasn't time to think about that, it was time to think about my future with them.

"Now now sweetie." The lady behind the desk patted my shoulder. "I know you're excited but stay calm."

I opened the card again and read it again as if I was making sure it was real and not some prank.

Dear Lilyth,

It  has been 16 long years since you first came here. I, Mrs. Hynek, remember it exactly.  I remember the day your mother told me she couldn't raise you  because of some problems at home, she said. I'm glad that she's coming back for you, you will be so much happier there than you are here. You will be raised well, you will go to a nice high school and make lots of new friends.

You have changed this orphanage with your ideas and you will leave a huge mark here. Bad for some teachers, good for others. But you will leave it, believe me.

Your parents will pick you up at six, just in time to get dressed and eat. Like I said before, I'm so glad your family has finally decided to take you home with them. The whole orphanage is so happy for you. Have fun in your new life!

"Oh my god." a tear fell off my eye and rolled down my cheek.

"You sure you'll be alright?" the old lady at the orphanage asked me, touching my blonde hair.

"Yes. I think I'm ready to know who my real parents are." I took a deep breath and smiled sweetly.

"Okay sweetie. They will arrive in two hours, get ready!" the lady told me.

I happily skipped my way over to my room, not even bothered by the stares of my fellow classmates and roomates. I arrived at the A10. I looked for some nice clothes I could wear. All I had was some jeans and a shirt that said Rap God that was given to me as a present from my friend, Alisson. She won a contest online, thinking that the prize would be money. But in the end, it was just a stupid shirt, she said.

I looked happily for clothes to impress my parents. I couldn't find much since in the orphanage we almost wore the same thing everyday. So I decided to wear some jeans and the shirt. But as I looked around, I found something hidden between the large piles of clothes. When I picked it up, I hid it behind my back. It was my Monster hat. I knew my parents wouldn't expect that from a girl so I hid it in my bag, hoping that they wouldn't notice.

I combed my short blonde hair into a pony tail and putted on some black sneakers. I guess I looked neatly for my parents. I hope they don't leave when they see me. Maybe they would think I'm a joke, that I'm ugly. I imagined them looking around for cameras, laughing, thinking that I was too ugly to be their daughter.

I moved my hand in front of my face, like if I were erasing all of those thoughts. I didn't want to think negative, all I wanted was to be happy with them. So I walked out of my room, holding my bag close to my chest and smiling to myself, realizing it was already five p.m.

As I walked, I heard music coming from one of the rooms. I peeked from the door and saw the popular girls singing along to some songs on the radio.

"Look, I was going to go easy on you and try not to hurt your feelings, but I'm only going to give this one chance." some girls started to sing and others rap horribly, confusing words and spitting every time they have to rap fast.

I rolled my eyes and walked through the hallways to find my friend Alisson holding a piece of paper. She smiled and waved over to me. I quickly hid the bag behind my back, hoping she was going to be okay with the sudden news.