Chapter 2

MARSHALL'S POV

I walked around the room like if I were a lion in a cage. My heart felt like it was gonna pop out of my chest any minute. I knew that today was the day, the day where I would see her after soooo many years. Of course, I was nervous. As I roamed around the mansion I tried putting on my tie.

"Why that frown?." Kim asked me putting on right my tie. "It has been 16 years since we haven't seen her."

"I know. I'm just scared." I sighed. I knew why Lilyth was sent there, and that was reason why I was scared. I was scared of me.

"Why?" she asked sweetly. Her hair was tied up into a messy bun, she wore plenty of mascara and lip gloss. She was beautiful, and I was proud to have her as my wife. You can't even imagine what it feels like to say to someone 'this is my wife'.

"She hates me. For leaving her there." I stared over at the fire place shining bright, showing all of my awards I have won this last year.

"If she hates you, she will also hate me." she smiled. "Oh Marshall, always thinking so negatively."

"I'm serious. What if she hates rappers? Think about it. Maybe she thinks they are some sort of drug dealers or something. "

"Marshall please. She won't hate us for this. She might be upset at first but she will never hate us." Kim smiled, clearly trying to encourage me to do the same.

"But what if-"

"God Marshall stop thinking that negatively. Its been 16 long years. This will be the high light of her life. She will never hate us. " she patted my back. "Think about it, maybe she's as great as a rapper as you. She could become a star like you. Eminem and Lilyth..."

She smiled thinking about those names together. I also thought about it. Me and my daughter, together singing on a stage or even in an interview together.

I actually smiled. I was now eager to meet her. To see who's eyes she's got and who's attitude.

"You know... They didn't say we couldn't be early." I said.

I heard footsteps and a bang. Down the stairs came Whitney. She was ready to leave for her trip to Europe or something. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and promised her she would see Lilyth as soon as she came back. She was really happy I guess, since she's the small one.

I heard more footsteps and I saw Alaina and Hailee playing together. Or fighting.

"Gimme my phone back!" Alaina exclaimed, running after Hailee.

"Oooh...Who's Jeff?" Hailee smirked. Alaina's face turned bright pink, as bright as a tomato.

"NOBODY! Give it back!" She yelled, making Hailee giggle. Alaina kept begging but Hailee wouldn't give it back to her. Sometimes, I felt bad for Alaina. She is just too soft, especially when it comes to her sister. She's 21 and her sister is 19. Shes not able to talk to her back. I wonder why.

“Girls, stop.” Kim ordered. “We're leaving to pick Lilyth.”

“Isnt the meeting at 6?” Alaina asked.

Kim smiled and grabbed the car keys off the kitchen counter.  “Yes, but we want to go early to get everything ready.”

“Be good.” I ordered, making Hailee give the phone back to Alaina. Alaina smiled at me and started to text.

We walked over the garden and into our car and drove all the way to Sweet Sendrick's Orphanage at L.A.

It was a 20 minute drive. I was so nervous I thought my heart was going to break out of my chest.

I still remember the day we left her in the orphanage. Kim was scared of me and worried for Lilyth. But that was a story I was going to tell later.

It still hurted knewing I had a daughter and that she lived her teenage years in a small building with thousands of kids. But I had to do it, until now.

"We're here." I had a voice crack in 'here'. Something that happened to me when I was nervous.

"I'm so happy this is finally happening Marshall. You, me and our daughter Lilyth" Kim cheered.

“And Hailee, Alaina and Whitney...” I reminded her. “We cant forget about them.”

“And we're not. ” she assured me. “Lilyth is new to the family. She needs the atention and love she has never gotten. They will understand.”

I opened the car door and I stared at the building. It was white with red windows. It was exactly as it was 16 years ago.

"Ready?" she asked holding my hand. I nodded and we both pressed the button.

"Yes?" a voice asked.

"Hi, we're here for Lilyth... " Kim said.

The door opened and we entered the building. There, a brunette woman stood smiling at us.

"Hello welcome to our orphanage. I guess you're here for Lilyth." she assumed.

We nodded and she told us a little bit about Lilyth. Her hobbies, her friends etc...

Then, the time came. She took us to the office. There was an old lady with blonde hair typing on a computer. When she noticed me, she smiled.

"Lilyth is right behind that door. She is eager to meet you." she smiled.

We walked over and opened carefully the door. In a chair, stood a blonde girl with a green hat, ripped jeans and sneakers.

As soon as she noticed my presence her eyes widened. We stared at each other not knowing what to do.

"Are you...Lilyth?" I asked doubtful.

"Y-Yes." she took off her hat revealing her blonde hair and her white birthmark.

It was clearly her.

"I'm Kim...Or as you should say, mom." Rebecca hugged her and she just stared at me.

"And...I'm dad...I guess." and I join the hug.

"I'm Lilyth..." she whispered.

"Aww...The whole family, I don't want to ruin the moment, but another child is going to wait here. Bye Lilyth " a woman there said.

We nodded and Kim took Lilyth's bag. Lilyth seemed shy, but she dressed like a rebel. Maybe she needs to be with us more.

We walked over to our car. All quiet. Kim dragged Lilyth's bag making an annoying sound. She setted it down at the back of the car and glanced at Lilyth.

"Nice car..." Lilyth said shyly, hiding the hat behind her back.

"You haven't seen our house. But before that let's buy you things for your room and you. " Kim smoothed her hair.

"Okay." she said sitting down on the back.

I looked at her eyes. Chocolate brown eyes (Like mine), Blonde hair (Like Kim) and the rest...basically mine. No DNA test needed.

*********************
Hey guys, I would be happy if you guys could criticize my fanfic. I'm new writing in English (I usually write in Spanish).

Thank you!!