Part 1: Get A Date

(If y'all clicked this thinking it was going to be good...idk I'm biased <3

Arlo is so ooc he might as well be an oc 

I have no idea what I'm doing all I know is that its part of a series leading to a chatfic

John x Arlo will get together,, um,, sometime

I have one other fic written out so I need to work on the others, there's probably going to be 4-5?? don't expect them to be long tbh)

Monday

Beep! Beep, beep! Beep!

Johns's alarm ran through his apartment as he blearily sat up, rubbing a hand through his hair.

"Ugh..."

Today was not going to be good. It was Monday, and Sera was sick yesterday and had no signs of it getting better, but there was a test in English (because the teacher decided that Monday was a good day for a test) so he couldn't just skip. Stumbling out of bed, he decides that he might as well try to be a normal, perfectly okay person, right?

Grabbing his phone from where it was charging on his nightstand, he texted Sera.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

John: able to come to school today?

Sera: ugh, absolutely not fevers up to 101 degrees

John: oh god save me you're leaving me alone in this economy?

Sera: </3

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Hah, fucking cripple." some blue-haired kid says, slamming John against a locker as he walks by.

John sighed. Was everyone at school just, like, ableist? Because that's what it seemed like. The pushing didn't matter to him, but if everyone could just fuck off and leave him alone, that would be great.

He totally failed that English test. If he got any higher than a 70, he would eat his shoe.

It was lunchtime, and spending time in the cafeteria without Seraphina was suicide, so no thank you.

I might as well. That English test was the end of my life. Even so, he didn't want to die that badly, so he headed to the top of the building and slumped against the side of the roof. John grabbed his phone and started playing some random offline game that you only play when you are bored and have no friends. Well, check and check, John thought wryly.

A few minutes later, he heard someone sitting down, so he looked over and- oh my god why is the king of Wellston sitting next to me .

There, in all his "glory", was Arlo, face flushed, hair messed up (sex hair, his mind unhelpfully offered), and uniform messed up, laying his head back against the wall. He glanced over at John, and his eyes brightened- What was going on-

"You're Seraphina's friend, right?" He said this while turning to face John and adjusting his uniform.

John nodded.

"Well, hello, I'm Arlo." He said, reaching his hand out.

John, blinking, shook it. "John."

Settling down and leaning one knee up, Arlo turned to face forward, trying to calm his breathing. John decided to not say anything.