Chapter Seventy Nine

Dean was not happy with me when I showed up, but I could tell he was happy that I was there with him. I knew he was scared, and truth be told, I was even more scared when I knew he was scared. Sam didn't realize how scared Dean was, since he was so busy trying to find a way to save Dean. Bobby was trying hard as well, but it really wasn't easy. There were too many things in the way for us to try and save Dean. Dean was coming to terms with his death, no matter how scared he was to die, but we hadn't come to terms with it. I was not going to sit back and watch my big brother die, I refused to do nothing. I was going to try my hardest to find a way out for him, even if it took all of my energy.

       It was the middle of the night, and Dean's last day was only hours away. I couldn't sleep, not when I knew Dean was going to be gone soon. My mind was racing, I was trying to keep myself from screaming and crying my heart out, and the more I laid in bed, the more suffocated I felt. The walls in the room seemed be getting closer and closer, which made me feel fairly claustrophobic. Sighing, I sat up in bed and slowly left the room. Dean and I were sharing a room, since I was too afraid to let him sleep in a room alone.

"What are you doing awake at this hour?" Bobby asked, as I walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

"Honestly? I couldn't sleep. I'm too worried about Dean, and I can't force myself to sleep." I replied, causing Bobby to sigh.

"I know, but we're going to try our best to keep Dean alive. You're killing yourself worrying so much." Bobby commented, and I simply shrugged.

"I can't help it. He's my best friend and my big brother, Bobby. When--if I lose him, I don't know if I'll be able to cope." I murmured, setting my empty glass in the sink.

      Deciding I didn't want to talk anymore, I walked back upstairs and into the bathroom. I walked over to the sink and turned on the water. Splashing water in my face, I looked in the mirror and frowned at the obvious dark circles and exhaustion. Placing my hands on the sides of the sink, I squeezed the hell out of it, as I tried to hold myself together. I could feel the tears threatening to fall and the sob trying to climb it's way out. After much dispute with myself, I couldn't hold the tears back anymore.

      The tears began to cascade down my face, as I held my head in my hands. I let myself fall to the floor silently, as I tried to keep from making too much noise. I didn't want to alarm anyone, so I tried to stay as quiet as possible. Silent sobs left my lips, as it seemed to get harder for me to breath. When I felt like I had let out enough emotion, I pulled myself back up on my feet. Looking in the mirror, tear stains were evident, as was my red cheeks and nose. With a shaky sigh, I ran my fingers through my messy hair and tried to wipe away the sticky tears on my face.

      Instead of staying in the bathroom any longer to try and compose myself, I opened the door and walked out. Heading straight back to the room Dean and I were occupying, I could hear the silence in the house. There wasn't any noise inside or outside, so I knew it was quite late. Closing the door silently, I walked back over to the bed and laid down. I turned to face Dean, watching him for a moment as he slept so peacefully. Pulling the blanket over my body, I slowly let myself fall asleep, though the sleep was light and practically restless as well.

      Dean was sleeping well either, which was evident when I seen the exhaustion on his face. I wondered if he had nightmares at night, or if he was just too worries and scared to get a good night's rest. It was practically pointless to try and rest, when there wasn't any rest in Hell. The thought of Dean going to Hell made my stomach churn. We use to jokingly tell each other to go to Hell all the time, but now it was literal. I almost wanted to punch Dean in the shoulder and tell him I was only joking about going to Hell.

      At first, when I had heard Dean had sold his soul and was only given a year, I wondered if I could sell my soul to keep him from dying. I knew it was a terrible idea, especially now that I had Abel, Thomas, and Jax, but my brother meant the world to me. I knew Jax would've done the same for his brother if he could've. The idea of losing someone so close to me, made my heart hurt more than when a ghost stuck its hand in my chest to try and kill me when I was seventeen.

      As I slept, a nightmare decided to sneak up on me. I began to dream about how Dean would die, then after a while, I began to dream about Dean in Hell. I could practically smell the burning flesh, sulfur, and death, as well as feel the heat from the fires of Hell. I could hear the screams and cries of the people in Hell, but I could also hear the laughs of the demons that were torturing the souls. When I seen Dean screaming in pain and crying out my name asking for help, I couldn't take it anymore. I shot up straight in bed, my breath uneven as I began to cry again. The dreams were far worse than the thoughts that ran through my head recently...

××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I'm going to try and finish this story over the next few days. I can't promise an exact day, but I'm going to try!

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx