For The Sinners and Believers Alike

Tommy hummed a quiet hymn as he dutifully swept the church, bare feet, bandaged and clean leading him between the pews. His church robes drape over his slim frame, silken sleeves rolled up to his elbows and softly brushing below his knees, gold and white hair tied back. Colored sunlight paints the stones he sweeps, making the small bottle of Blue hung around his neck almost glow in the sun.

"Hello Toms" a familiar voice drawls

"Hello Wilbur" the boy replies, deciding in that moment he wasn't about to let his brother ruin his decent mood "What brings you here?" He looks over at the man, sat in the back by the fountain and teasing smirk faint on his lips as his arms are draped over the back of the seat

"Oh you know me" Wilbur chuckles, bringing his lit cigarette to his mouth and taking in a mouthful of smoke "Always one for worship"

"No smoking in the church." Tommy snaps, gripping his broom a little tighter. Wilbur raises an eyebrow in surprise, grey spilling from his nostrils as he snorts

"Right, right" he laughs, flicking the glowing tube into the fountain of holy water behind him "How could I forget? My apologies."

Tommy flinches as the embers hiss in the water, as if the cigarette had singed him instead.

Maybe it had.

"Are you serious?" Tommy huffs, glaring at his grinning brother "You're defiling the water Will"

"I have a habit of doing that" Wilbur hums, leaning forward to rest his elbows on his knees as he smiles, white streak of hair falling over an eye

"I don't have time for your bullshit, not today Will" Tommy sighs, going back to his sweeping. Wilbur tilts his head a little, silent as he watches his brother perform his duties.

Tommy had always been the more devout of their little dysfunctional family of heathens

"Why do you do that?"

"What?" the blonde puzzles, looking over from where he was wiping down the altar at the front

"This" Wilbur scoffs, gesturing to the sanctuary around them, cleaner and more taken care of than one would expect of the rarely ever used church. "No one comes to service anymore, prayers are nothing but for deaf ears to listen to- hell. No one even steps foot on holy grounds unless they need a quick truce"

"That's fine" Tommy shrugs, dipping his rag in the bucket by his feet "Prime does not judge for what you need from them, whether it be protection or a plea-"

"You don't honestly believe this land is protected-"

"It is" Tommy interrupts, a strange, hopeful gleam in his dull blue-grey eyes "I've seen it Wilbur. I know you have too" the man looks away, snorting a little as he leans back in his pew

"For someone whom the gods have abandoned, you certainly put a lot of trust in them" he notes, seeing how his brother visibly shrinks "You realize they will never care for you the way you care for them right?"

"For the son of an Angel you certainly are irreverent in the house of the lord."

Wilbur bristles

"Low blow Innit " Wilbur snarls, Tommy hardly giving him a glance

"You started it Soot." the boy replies, now polishing the grand golden bell by the pulpit. Wilbur stands, walking over to where his brother is and ignoring how his boots muddy the stone beneath him "Will! Shoes off in the church! I just swept!"

"No thanks" Wilbur snorts, wanting to laugh at how his brother glowers at him "Are you so strict with every visitor or is it just me?"

"You're the only visitor I've had in a while" Tommy grumbles, glaring at the dirt on his floor Wilbur leaves behind as he circles around the altar "So yes."