42- Vertigo

Okay so when I said a day, maybe I meant more like a week

Also I didn't read over this chapter so there might be a ton of typos, badly worded sentences and spelling or grammatical mistakes.

Dream had his hands in his pockets so that no one would spot his nervous shaking as he and George sat on one of the ferris wheel carriages. He couldn't concentrate on anything that was going on around them, just his own thoughts of the height he was going to be at. And right next to his boyfriend too. At Least this day can't get any worse, right?

Their seat bar (don't know what to call it but it's the thing that keeps you in the carriage thing so you don't fall out) lowered and before Dream could process anything, they were moving. Dream gripped the rail, trying not to alert George who was sitting next to him. The ride stopped with a clunk, letting the next people onto the carriage below them.

"Wilbur and Tommy are getting on that one and then its just Bad and Skeppy after that. Then we'll be moving properly." George smiled. But Dream made no effort to smile back, he just kept staring below him, already feeling dizzy even though they were only around ten feet off the ground.

"George," Dream said in a quiet voice, coughing to make it louder. "Are you sure this ride is safe?"

George laughed, "of course it's safe! Otherwise it wouldn't be aloud to run."

"But we don't seem to be secured in that well, and it's pretty high." Dream looked up the the top carriage.

"It'll be fine, as long as we don't rock the carriage." George said as he leaned forward, making the carriage rock slightly.

Dream reacted immediately, reaching out to grab George's arm with one hand, the other tightening on the safety bar. (Is that what it's called?)

"Don't do that!" Dream yelled in a jokey way. But George could tell there was something wrong.

"You're actually scared, aren't you?" He leaned towards Dream slowly to examine his face.

"No I just- I heard all these things about rides going wrong and people getting injured... or worse."

"You can tell me." George reassured, snaking a hand to his thigh.

This made Dream's nerves fall away slightly, new ones appearing at the thought of George knowing about his one weakness.

He took a deep breath. "I might be a teeny, tiny bit scared of rides?"

The ride moved again, letting the next people get on. Dream gasped in shock and tensed as it moved slowly before stopping.

George squinted at him. "Just a teeny tiny bit?"

"Okay I'm terrified. I always have been. And I hate heights too."

A soft smile appeared on George's face as his thumb drew circles on Dream's thigh, calming him a bit. "Why didn't you tell me? You didn't have to go on the rides."

Before Dream could answer, the ride started moving properly this time. To George, and every other passenger, it was going at a normal pace, but to Dream it was the speed of light.

He screwed his eyes shut as his breathing pace increased. The corners of George's mouth curled up into a small smile, he couldn't help it. He was finally the one comforting his boyfriend.

His hand moved to Dream's back, ruching circles into it. The blonde's fears deceased a bit with the feeling of George's hand and he managed to open his eyes.

"It's okay, I'm here."

Dream exhaled slowly. His eyes drifted back to the scenery moving so fast as they soared round and round. "I wanna get off."

Background noises of his friends happy screaming and wind blowing through his ears were drowned out as he focused on George's voice.

"You can't right now. But it will end before you know it."

George guided Dream's head to his chest and Dream let himself fall just below his chin. He could hear his heartbeat does up.

The rest of the ride was filled with George whispering sweet nothings to the blonde, occasionally looking down to capture the moment. He was secretly loving it.

"I don't want to go on any other rides." Dream finally said as they reached the bottom and their safety bar was lifted.

George giggled. "We don't have to. We can split up from the group and do our own thing if you want."

Dream smiled at him as they walked to the rest of the group to break the news.

Before long they were happily walking besides each other. Dream reached to the side, connecting his hand with George's.

"I can't believe you're scared of heights!" George laughed.

Dream scoffed, trying to hide his smile. "It's a common fear, don't get too amused."

George ignored Dream. "And you were too scared to tell me." Dream's face flushed pink. "It's cute how nervous you were."

"Quit bullying me."

"Aww, is someone embarrassed?" George said in a baby voice.

Dream just smiled and shook his head. It made him feel better that George was making fun of him somehow. Like it was a much smaller deal than he thought. 

He was also happy that they could make fun of each other over something like this. They were close enough to do so, and not stepping on eggshells around each other.

"Oh!" George pulled him from his thoughts. He pointed with the hand that was connected to Dream's, bringing both of them up. "A candyfloss stall!"

"There's such a long queue though." Dream argued.

"Come on, we didn't do that cheesy thing where you kiss at the top of the ferris wheel like I wanted. So now we should replace it with a different cheesy thing, sharing candyfloss."

The blonde couldn't help but chuckle at his boyfriends cuteness, kissing his cheek softly before agreeing.

George turned to look the other way so Dream couldn't see his flustered face from the surprise show of affection. But Dream knew exactly what had happened, and he was happy that he still had that affect of him.

~1007 words~

Hope you liked the fluff :)

I don't want to become one of those writers who apologises for the late upload almost every chapter. But I am sorry for the late upload.

Becoming a writer (if you can call it that) really makes me respect people who upload daily. Like, how?

Anyways, my actual name is not Esme and I was curious, what do you think it really is?

If my brother is reading this, you aren't aloud to answer.

Also to be clear, I might not actually reveal it but I just want to know what you guys think.

-Esme