Chapter 1

Espresso had just made another cup of coffee as he kept working on one of his experiments with coffee magic "Then I put that right there and that goes to mix with that" He thought to himself as he put the ingredients were they needed to be. He just then heard multiple footsteps in the snow then a knock on his door. "Who could that be?" He walked over to his door and opened it.

"Oh good evening Almond." Espresso calmly said bowing a bit

Almond cleared his throat and finally said "Do you have a minute to follow me?" Almond seemed nervous which is out of character for the detective.

"I believe I can spare a bit of time."  Espresso said as he slipped on his shoes "What is needed of me?" The brown haired male asked as he stepped out his door and closed it behind him.

The detective began walking to the castle "You'll.. You'll see" Almond said softly then he gulped and looked more nervous then he was already.

~Time skip~

The two finally made it to the castle and walked inside. Espresso repositioned his cape with how nervous and or uncomfortable he was in that moment. The two males walked into a room with Knight cookie, Madeleine cookie, ginger brave, strawberry cookie, and Chili pepper talking about something.

"You got him?"  Ginger brave asked amazed Espresso came.

Almond nodded as Espresso bowed to everyone "Once again I am asking why have I been requested here?"

The other cookies glanced at each other as Espresso waited for an answer and after a minute chili pepper answered with "There have been some kidnappings around and we thought you could help. The kidnapped cookies are Raspberry, Rye, Squid ink, Vampire, Lilac, Blackberry, and lastly...."  Chili hesitated as Almond tended up and looked away "..L- Latte.." She finally said as Espresso stumbled back at his best friends name being said.

"My friend, are you alright?" Madeleine got up from the floor to walk over to Espresso. He got to the stunned male and moved his hair out of his face as Espresso snapped out of his trance and grabbed Madeleine's wrist and moved it away from his head and hair.

"No one gets to touch my hair." Espresso said slowly putting Madeleine's wrist to his side.

"You didn't answer my question spresso."

"I'm fine.Perfect actually." Espresso made an unconvincing small smile. As Madeleine squinted but walked away.

The few then discussed on how to save these cookies and who might be targeted next. The list consisted of Custard cookie the III, Madeleine, Almond, Sea fairy, and lastly Espresso.

They all left after a bit of conversion between them. Espresso begain walking home as Madeleine followed him.

"Hello friend! Would it be alright if  i stay over for a bit?"

"I believe a few minutes wouldn't hurt" Espresso kept walking as he began to yawn "Shit.. I'm gonna crash.. Hopefully when Madeleine leaves.." Espresso begain stumbling a small bit with how tired he is. Madeleine raised an eyebrow wondering what was wrong with his friend as Espresso started mumbling things so quietly that the blonde next to him couldn't hear.

~Time skip~

Espresso made himself a cup of coffee and sat on the couch with Madeleine. He began drinking his coffee but set it down and leaned on Madeleine's shoulder but then ended up on the blonde's lap, arms wrapped around his waist, chin on his shoulder, softly breathing as he slept. The blonde he was on was drawing circles on his back with his fingers falling asleep slowly before something on a table caught his eye.

"A piece of paper with.. My name on it..? Huh?" Madeleine thought to himself as he picked it up, opening it..

630 words