Chapter 10

Madeleine softly closed the door behind him. He walked into the room and stopped next to red velvet and the coffee mage he thought... was his. He examined the two carefully, studying the position the two were in. Espresso didn't seem as comfortable as he usually looked when cuddling up to Madeleine's chest. The light magic cookie sat in a corner staring at the two, watching Espresso's chest rise and fall with slow, thin, soft inhales and exhales, the blonde leaned up against the wall next to him he began drawing some random stuff with the paper and pencil that were on the floor next to him.

After a small bit Espresso woke up and looked around rubbing his eyes and spotting Madeleine in the corner, calmly scribbling away at the page. The coffee mage slowly got out of Red Velvet's grip on walked into the bathroom. He examined his face and messy hair in the mirror, he looked at his clothes, an oversized white and mustard yellow shirt with leggings. He sat on the counter next to the sink and pulled his pants leg up, examining his thigh where he had cut it with a razor a bit ago. He unwrapped his thigh, pain coursing through his leg, the brunette revealed reopened scars that had been bleeding out all night. 'So that was the weird burning and kinda cold sensation on my leg last night..' he thought. The brunette grabbed some more bandages and rewrapped his thigh, he lastly pulled his pants leg down and looked in mirror last time "You. Deserve. This." He nodded at the voice and walked out of the bathroom.

The blonde looked up to see a sleepy coffee mage slowly walking out of the bathroom "Good morning Mads..!" The brunette said sleepily looking at Madeleine with a small tired smile on his face. Madeleine nodded in response and continued scribbling. Espresso wondered why Madeleine hadn't responded but didn't push the blonde.

~Let's see how the cookie kingdom is doing~

Mocha Screamed at the top of her lungs for about two minutes straight then began to sob uncontrollably. Almond and Latte began trying to calm the traumatized cookie down but all of their attempts failed. Raspberry then came over and set her sword down and sat next to the brunette on the floor Mocha crawled into Raspberry's grip, crying into her shirt. The red haired knight began shushing and rubbing the back of the brunette in her lap. "It's gonna be alright! I promise.."

Mocha nodded starting to calm down "So do any of us have a plan?"

"W... Well Espresso said to plan on a date for next month."

Pure vanilla nodded and randomly blurted out "December 31st is his birthday right? Let's do it then."

Mocha looked at pure vanilla with puffy red eyes but the were filled with excitement "Yes! That's perfect!" Pure vanilla smiled a small bit and nodded.

"Text your brother that. The date." Rye said her arm around her girlfriend, Chili pepper. Mocha nodded and texted her brother.

7:53 AM                                                Chat log
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mocha- Hey is December 31st a good date?

Espresso- I guess but why New Year's Eve?

Mocha- that's not the only important event on the 31st.

Espresso- I don't know. Tell me.

Mocha- You forgot!?!?

Espresso- WHAT DID I FORGET-

Mocha- ugh I'll tell you later.

Espresso- okay..?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"He doesn't remember his birthday!"

"Oop-"

~Back to the gay jealous men~

Espresso had gotten dressed but was still getting the silent treatment from Madeleine, the blonde even walked out on him. Espresso was pissed at Madeleine and this point. As Red Velvet woke up and stared at a newly dressed fully awake Espresso "Morning." The brunette sternly said as Red Velvet got up and grabbed the shorter of the two by the chin and made him look up.

"You treat me with manners and respect. Non of this "Morning." Shit. It's good morning okay?" Espresso slowly nodded as Red Velvet flicked the shorter of the two's chin up to where his head hit the wall. The brunette rubbed the back of his head.

Espresso sighed and made a cup of coffee beginning to work on his laptop again. Madeleine walked in a few minutes after the weird morning thing. Espresso was writing something while Red Velvet stayed on his phone. Madeleine went back to his corner and sat down as Espresso looked up and stared at Madeleine, putting the book down and sitting next to Madeleine "I want.."

"Cuddles?" Espresso nodded and crawled into Madeleines lap as the blonde rubbed his back.

"December 31st." Madeleine immediately knew what that meant and nodded closing his eyes and realizing that's also Espresso's birthday. The rest of the day went over smoothly but when Espresso said he wanted to sleep on the floor with or without Madeleine, Red Velvet turned it into a big deal and started a fight that ended with him slapping Espresso and giving the brunette a bloody nose.

Espresso began crying a small bit when his nose began bleeding onto his hand. "Oh yeah try and manipulate me with your tears because that's gonna work. You know you deserve all of this right?" Espresso choked on his thin breathing. It hurt to breathe. He got into a coughing fit, his throat starting to hurt.

He barely managed to choke out "I... Know-.." Before being thrown into another coughing fit as he fell to his knees. Between coughs, to Madeleine, it sounded as if Espresso was begging for it to stop. Madeleine picked up the brunette and calmed him down as the coffee mage closed his eyes, his breathing steady but still shaky at times, it was still very thin breaths like he.. didn't want to breathe at all..

964 Words