5 - An Agreement

CHAPTER FIVE

After stepping out of the shower following an exhausting day, Midoriya towelled off and dug through his drawer to find something comfy to change into. He pulled out a pair of black sweatpants with the phrase Plus Ultra printed along the right leg and slung his fluffy white towel around his neck, opting to not put on a shirt just yet because he knew it would only get wet as his hair dried.

Midoriya wore a thoughtful smile as he found himself washing the sky blue bento box that had contained the lunch Nishida had left for him that day. He pictured her smiling face in his mind's eye for the twentieth time that evening, wondering if she had danced around her kitchen tonight like she had the last time they'd hung out together.

Drying off the plastic container with a dishcloth, Midoriya sauntered over to his door, opening it only to catch sight of the woman on his mind with her key in her lock a few feet away.

Hearing his door open, Nishida glanced over, her cheeks immediately flushing a deep crimson as her eyes were granted the glorious sight of the hero's bare upper body. Again. Biting down on her lip unconsciously, the blonde's gaze was glued to Midoriya's muscular physique, his chiselled chest littered with scars that made her heart constrict - he was so kind, he didn't deserve to have suffered.

Rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly, Midoriya cleared his throat to gain her attention. Her distraction was more than obvious, but the way she nibbled on her plump bottom lip as she gawked at him was admittedly alluring.

"H-hey, Nishida," Midoriya smiled, his speckled cheeks dusting with a blush of their own.

Nishida's eyes darted up to meet his and she smiled apologetically. "Hi, Midoriya. It's um," she swallowed thickly as she tried to shake her embarrassment. "Nice to see you again."

"It's great to see you too," he agreed, holding up the cleaned bento box with its corresponding square of neatly folded fabric. "I've been meaning to find time to thank you in person this week but I've been working pretty late and I didn't want to risk disturbing you if you were resting."

The woman turned around and leaned against her door, leaving her key wedged in the lock. "Your cute little notes were more than enough thanks, Midoriya," Nishida smiled sweetly, recalling the small pile of folded papers she'd accumulated over the past week which each consisted of a doodle of the hero on the fabric she'd chosen along with a simple word or two of thanks.

The hero's blush deepened at the notion of her thinking anything he did was cute and he ran his empty hand through his hair, only to realize it was still quite wet. Drying his hand on the towel around his neck, Midoriya shrugged shyly. "Still, I really appreciate it. It gives me something to look forward to."

Nishida's smile widened into a grin, there was something to be said about cooking for someone who genuinely enjoyed it that always felt so satisfying. "That's sweet. I'm glad that you liked it so much."

"How could I not?" He laughed. "Have you always been such a wonderful cook?"

"Certainly not," the blonde chuckled. "My brother can attest to that, he was my taste tester for years."

"Oh, I'm sure it wasn't that bad," Midoriya smiled, lifting his towel to rub at the side of his neck as he felt a bead of water sliding down his skin, his action only bringing Nishida's attention back to the fact he was half-naked in front of her.

"It was," she shrugged, glancing away for a moment as she tried to work up the courage to invite him in. "Have you eaten dinner yet? I had to work late and I was just going to order a pizza if you wanna join me?"