16 - The IKEA Adventures of Lois & Clark

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

The moment Nishida opened her door early Saturday afternoon, she burst out laughing. In front of her stood Midoriya wearing a pair of black horn-rimmed glasses and a faded red All Might baseball cap to accessorize with his fitted white t-shirt and jeans. The hero sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck as he smiled at her. "Too much?"

"Too much?" She chuckled. "Do the glasses really throw people off?"

"You'd be surprised," Midoriya shrugged.

"You look like Clark Kent," the blonde teased. "I spent so much of my childhood yelling at Lois Lane for not knowing he was Superman for as long as she did."

"Sometimes the simplest disguise is the best one."

Nishida blinked at him before plainly holding up one finger, signalling for him to wait. His confusion was quickly dismissed when she returned, pulling her ponytail through the back opening of a black hat with the shape of Hawks' visor embroidered across the front in gold thread. This paired with a set of knockoff Ray-Ban sunglasses hit home the fact that she was messing with him. "Ha-ha, Nishida," he rolled his eyes with a smile.

Nishida's head tilted to the side, her long ponytail swaying over her shoulder as she did so. "Who is Nishida?"

The hero pursed his lips as he fought back a laugh and she grinned, her hands on her hips. "If you are incognito today, it's only fair that I get to play along."

A wide smile pulled up his lips, he always enjoyed the time he'd spend with Nishida, but to him, her extra playful attitude today boosted his confidence and reassured him that they were going to have a great day together. "You can be Lois Lane to my Clark Kent any day."

"Perfect," she beamed, stepping out into the hallway and locking her door behind them.

Once out of the main entrance, Midoriya began to walk in the opposite direction of the train station and Nishida quickly cleared her throat. "Uh, Midoriya? The station is north of here."

"Hah, oh," he chuckled as he lifted a hand to scratch his cheek. "I guess I thought I could get us there faster."

The blonde blinked. "Oh, do you drive?"

"No, but I can just use my quirk to get us there," he scratched the back of his head. "I-if that's okay with you. Cause if you prefer to take the train we totally can it would just take forever and this way would get us there in a few minutes..."

Nishida's lip found its way between her teeth as she thought of the first time he'd whisked her away with his quirk and how nice it felt to have him hold onto her so tightly. "We could do that if it's not too much trouble for you."

With a relieved laugh, Midoriya opened up his arms, motioning with his hands for her to come closer. "It's no trouble at all. Come here and hold on tight."

Not bothering to feel self-conscious due to the excitement fluttering in her chest, Nishida attached herself to Midoriya like a magnet, wrapping her arms around his neck and connecting her hands. The hero's strong arms locked securely around her before he bent his knees and started to activate his quirk, green sparks spattering around him while he tried to ignore the pitter-patter of his heart. "Ready, Nishida?"

"Yep," she took a deep breath. "But if you drop me I'll never forgive you."

Midoriya chuckled and jokingly loosened his grip around her to which she tugged on the bottom wisps of his hair and chided him. "Be nice!"

Though the mode of transportation itself wasn't wholly unfamiliar to Nishida, she still felt her breath hitch once they'd been lifted off the ground. Beginning to feel her hat flutter in the wind, she tucked her head beneath Midoriya's chin and lifted her left hand to rest on top of the hero's head to secure his disguise, wondering how either had even stayed on in the first place.