"Back at Home" V&H(not canon)

Trying to get back into the swing of writing V&H so I'm writing an alternate timeline from a RP with CaptainMarra(In the RP, Lux and Mangler get pulled through a wormhole into the "HermitVengers Universe") This is to show what's happening back in their universe with the hero and villain's absence.

Keralis couldn't focus. Even as he flawlessly completed cafe orders and smiled as friendly as ever, his mind couldn't stop thinking. 'Where was Bdubs'. Keralis knew his friend's importance in the city. Being a hero meant Bdubs had to disappear a lot, but he had NEVER been gone this long. Two days was getting too much. Especially when the thing he was supposed to be fighting was away with him. Keralis wasn't worried too much about the hero(Knowing his tendency to disappear was normal) until he managed to get a hold of the hero and his villainous boyfriend. The conversation was brief and rushed, which made his worry even worse.

"Hey Keralis?! Sorry-"

"Where have you been Bubbles?!"

"Got caught up with something! Don't worry-"

"Is Mang-e-lar there?"

"Yup, he is"

"Where are you!?"

"Uhh I'll tell you once I get back- oh no. The signal is cutting out- Bye Keralis!"

It made Keralis feel a little bit better knowing the Mangler was there, but he just couldn't understand why Bdubs couldn't just tell him where he was. The villain Bdubs had been fighting for forever was his boyfriend now, the only other villain in the city, who had only appeared for a little bit, was gone with no trace. Keralis just couldn't think of a reason for where Bdubs was. Keralis sighed as he set down a cup of coffee to give to a customer, his mind letting the conversation leave his mind and focusing instead on his job.

"Have a good day sweetface!" Keralis said as customer came up to the counter to retrieve their coffee. Their face went red at the comment and they smiled, taking their coffee. Keralis loved when people reacted like that. He turned away from the front and made his way to the back counter to clean up a bit before the next customer showed up. He went into autopilot as he picked up and wiped things off. Autopilot was probably one of the only reasons he had been able to focus all day. 'Its all ok. Your shift is almost over and then you can go home and talk to Xisuma. Talking to Xisuma always makes everything better!' Keralis tried to reason with himself. Away from the counter, Keralis heard the small bell chime jingle from the door. He didn't turn around immediately, instead waiting for the footsteps to reach the counter and stop. When he did turn around, Keralis was happy to see the familiar face in front of him.

"Hello Iskall! How are you!" Keralis greeted. Iskall rested his elbows on the counter with a small smile.

"All good here!" He smiled. Iskall was wearing the normal attire of his job, a grimy looking button-down with a small decorative name tag on his chest. His eye patch still covered his damaged left eye, but his right eye was still shining with joy. "Is Bdubs working today? Deciding to cash in another one of my free drinks." Iskall said, a mischievous smile sneaking onto his face. Keralis sighed at the mention of his absent friend and placed the small towel he was using to wipe tables down.

"No, he has been gone doing something personal. But I can happily get you your free coffee." Keralis said. Iskall lowered his head with a laugh.

"That's a shame, his face is always so funny when I come in here!" Iskall smiled. "But I'll happily take you up on your offer! Thanks dude."