Chapter 2

Dreaming, in stationary, without reminiscent. Involuntary actions taken by the left hemisphere of the brain, as my thoughts collect.

"Run. Run! They're coming!" the voice of familiarity screams at me as she becomes a farther and farther object.

Now her silhouette stands in a shadow, with her dress, the cobblestone streets covered in filth and blood. I walk, alone, stumbling, hungry before falling over, but now awaken. The sunlight hitting my face as I cover them. The blankets restraining me like a protective shield against the imagination of the night. A few moments elapse before I get up, a Wednesday morning. The mirror stalks me as I walk past it, into the bathroom.

With simple autopilot controlling me in these first few awoken hours, routine is not mundane, it is a necessity. It is a need for surviving the coming hours of this wretched day, a day job. As I walk across my living quarters, with brown wooden plank walls surrounding me, encasing me. I grab my television remote controller, pushing the on/off button and change the channel to the morning news. .

"It's a sunny day here in [REDACTED]. With scattered clouds coming in, light humidity as will due to the rain accompanying as well, right Chuck?" The news anchor chuckles, I listening in the bathroom with my pre-planned attire.

A truly pertinent individual such as myself has to adapt, such as a ruler or an organism, without adaptation the organism fails in natural selection. I put on a white tank top, applying deodorant underneath my hairy armpits. Secondly, I check the time on the television and begin the task of shaving. Traditionally you would buy a razor kit fron Amazon, but I prefer simple. A smooth shave with razor shave from the 1940's and shaving cream, accompanied with aftershave. The burning sensation of germs being slaughtered satiates my need for cleanliness. Mother, she always said I was "disgusting", "weird", so did my siblings. I moved out awhile ago, now...I continue my routine without constant bickering.

After wiping the excess aftershave with my blue towel, I throw it in the laundry. Time ticks as I sit on the foot of my bed, still messy and slip into my slick, dark ocean blue suit pants slack. I make my bed, a simple four folds, even sides with a ending lay at the foot of my bed. The sound of the plastic covering quinching and qelching under my weight was the slightest annoyance. After making my bed, I fluff the pillow, tossing them on such side of the head board. My sheets of the bed, tucked into middle, tightly wedged in between the two mattresses.

"In recent news, police discover the body of missing person, [REDACTED]. Found in-" my mind disregards the rest, looping the first sentence, a small grin appears on my face.

I apply body lotion on my upper body, then squeeze a good amount on my lower body. The hair on my legs straighten out as I apply it, as though they enjoy being moisturized. Slipping back into my pants, I measure my leather belt, a brown belt with ten holes pinned into it. I strap it on, holstering it in their respective loops. Next, my white collared button down shirt, slowly buttoning it as I stare at myself, then at the two bottle of medicine escaping the corner of my eye. Suddenly, my fingers begin to tremble as memories begin to flutter my mind. The thought of the past, it can be so...complicated.

As time reaches near, I stifle my tears and compose myself. Placing my hand on the tye, wrapping it around my neck tightly, until I step trying to breathe, stopping myself at the last minute. The tears in my eyes well up as that familiar feeling comes back up to the surface. After tying my tie, I feel it coming. Stopping what I am doing, I sit on my bed, letting the tears flow down my face.

"Fuck! Just leave! Leave! I want to be alone-" my voice trails off

ONE HOUR LATER

I am on the bus, listening to music. On my way to my day job, most people work because they have to, for family, for money, sometimes to just escape. Me? I work because I want to make the world a better place even if I- *crackles in electricity*