chapter one

( s2ep2; brave new world)

     The sound of heels clicking filled the town square as the girls hair moved in the wind, a small smirk on her lips as she walked through an all too familiar town, she had grown up here and yet it was clear that it had changed more than she anticipated, but she had a feeling that deep down the town and the people in it hadn't really changed since she left all that much.

"Excuse me miss?" An all too familiar voice spoke from behind her, and she stopped and found herself turning on her heels as a small smirk fell on her lips, at the sight of her old friend, the boys face dropped at the sight of it as he gulped down thickly, slowly taking a step forwards as he eyed the girl. "Gwendolyn."

"Hi Stefan, did you miss me?" The girl giggled, and stefan watched her closely, not sure what to expect from the girl who he had believed was dead all this time.

"How is this possible?" He asked her seriously, before taking a step closer to the girl, and Gwen smiled widely at the boy, her brown eyes had seemed to spark with something that Stefan wasn't all too sure of. "Are you- did you become- are you vampire?"

"Oh god, no. I'm not like you." Gwen snorted and stefan furrowed his eyes at her.

"You died over a hundred years ago, Gwen. How are you here now, why are you here now?" Stefan questioned the girl seriously and a small smirk found it's way onto Gwen's lips at his words as she slowly took a step forward.

"Because I'm special Stefan, we all knew that. I'm not some cheap remake, who needs to feed on blood, to survive." Gwen spoke, a hand gently moving to the boys face, but before she could reach him his hand grabbed her wrist to stop her. "And as to why I'm back, did you ever think maybe I missed you."

"Did you miss my brother too, your husband?"stefan asked the girl, and the girls eyes went dark as her smile faded, in a mere few seconds her arm was ripped from his grasp.

"You mean the same husband who was in bed with the same women that killed, merely a few weeks after I died." Gwen spoke with venom in her voice and Stefan's face dropped at her words, he didn't know what she was thinking but now he finally knew why he lost her all those years ago.

"Katherine killed you?" Stefan asked a small smile appeared on the girls lips again.

"She tried, but it didn't really stick." Gwen chuckled before shaking her head and slowly she backed away from him.

"See you around, Stefan." Without another word, Gwen turned on her heels, walking away from the boy with a small smirk on his lips.