24: Closer and Closer...

A/N: Hey guys!!!

I'm glad I'm back, seriously! I had such a long week and I didn't have any time at all for Wattpad! *cry face*

Sugar by Karmin above.

ANYWAYS, here ya go!

_______________________________

Morning:

I sat up in my flower printed comforter, a bit of blankets sliding down my arm. I let the cold air hit my arm as I got out of bed. I honestly wasn't really happy this morning. First of business, my back was sore as a bruise. Then, I was still scared that my father was coming back sooner or later. Then again, if I moved back to Grant's, he would most likely kill me, both emotionally and physically.

I walked into my bathroom, stripping out of my clothes and stepping into the shower. I had school today, and it was a Thursday. My school had only four more weeks until the Easter dance. It was actually a day before Easter, which meant that the dance was obviously on a Saturday.

Once I rinsed my body off, I got out of the shower, wrapping my towel around my body. I went to my closet and picked out a 'TELL SOMEONE WHO CARES' sweatshirt and some thick jeans. After dressing up, I put my hair in a French braid, then putting on some mascara.

I went downstairs to find my mother talking in hushed voices with a man, it sounded like. I hid behind a wall, and listened. Hey, sometimes its very useful, not rude. I only made out very little things.

"... You have to at least see her! I bet she misses you, you...."

".. I would love to see her, Jessica, I really would. I just can't..."

"You know I hate you, right?"

"No. But I know you love me."

I hear them laugh, then the sucking of faces. I grimace, scuttling away. And to think they'd keep it at least PG-13! But who was that guy?

Who was my mother loving?

+++

"Pardon the interruption. Students, we are dismissing you early from school, since there is a big chance of another snow storm today. We are hoping that you have gotten everything you need in your classes, because you most likely will not be coming back until the end of this week. We are dismissing in five minutes, so consider this an END OF CLASS bell. Have a nice day." The announcer ends the announcement, and everyone in my class cheers except me.

I just slouch in my seat and grimace. It was bad enough moving back to my house. Now they expect me to stay there without school for a whole one or two days?

Completely insane school.

"Class! This does not mean you get no homework from me. You must do an essay over the weekend. You have to find a person who is already dead, and make an autobiography about their whole life. This must only be three pages, with all the details. I gave you all partners already, so no need to pick one yourselves." My history teacher says. I mentally groan. I wonder if she's only doing this to us so she doesn't feel like she's not the only one doing work on this break.

Deb got stuck with Jack, Jace's friend. Cheyenne got stuck with Grant. I got stuck with Jace again, and one of my other friends got stuck with a hipster boy, who she was already checking out and flirting with. Jace swaggered out of his seat to me and I saw Cheyenne glaring at me the hardest. If she didn't stop, I think I would be ten feet under rather than six feet.

"Hey, sugar pie honey bun." Jace smirked. I smirked back.

"You know I love you! I can't help myself!" I exclaimed, but only loud enough for him to hear. He laughed and kissed me on the cheek. But I think that was a bad idea, since Cheyenne start choking on who knows what. But also while glaring at me.