Chapter Ten - Liberty - Demigods Aren't Very Friendly

"So you guys think that they're in Greece or Italy?" Liberty asked. She was still taking in all of the information about Greek and Roman gods. It was in a way, pretty easy to understand. Every one in the crew was gathered around a wooden table in the kitchen letting Liberty look over the things their friends had left behind as the Argo II soared through the clouds.

"Rome actually," Annabeth corrected her with a smirk. Liberty didn't exactly appreciate Annabeth undermining everything she said. From what Liberty had noticed and what Annabeth told her, Annabeth is incredibly smart and (what Liberty noticed) is very prideful and threatened by people who may be smarter than her. Liberty knew she was just as smart as a daughter of Athena, maybe even smarter. Although Annabeth had no reason to be threatened by Liberty, she was on her team. Hopefully, they'll get along fine, at least that's what Liberty hoped for.

"Right," Liberty smiled at Annabeth and rolled her eyes. "And that's all the clues you guys have?"

Liberty glanced in between, Annabeth's boyfriend, Percy and Leo's mysterious girlfriend, Calypso who exchanged nervous looks. "What're you two hiding?" Liberty asked looking directly at them.

"Wh-what do you mean?" Percy asked nervously. Calypso narrowed her eyes at Liberty and crossed her arms across her chest.

"You guys have information that you're keeping from the rest of your friends." she replied.

Calypso looked up at Percy and elbowed him, "Percy can I talk to you in private?" Calypso asked and dragged him away where they wouldn't be seen. Annabeth didn't seem bother but Leo was a tomato red color. Apparently he didn't like the idea of Percy and Calypso being alone together.

He seems pretty overprotective of his lady friend, Liberty thought.

"Whoa, how'd you do that?" Leo's tall and blond friend, Jason asked.

Liberty shrugged, "Social queues, I notice things others don't. A facial expression can tell a lot about a person."

"Why would they hide information, if it would help?" The big and muscular Chinese guy that can change into animals asked. He looked genuinely worried about his friends. Liberty admired his sweetness, although he wasn't very sweet towards Leo. It was understandable. A lot of people in Leo and Liberty's old neighborhood found Leo's sense of humor annoying.

"The information they have may get them in trouble if it's exposed." She replied absentmindedly.

Calypso walked back holding a beat up notebook, her hands were shaking. She swallowed loudly and looked at Annabeth. "Percy wants to talk with you..." As Annabeth left, Calypso directed her eyes towards Liberty and handed her the notebook. "Please, only let Liberty read it. It's the last page."

"Why can't we see it?" Piper, the girl with choppy brown hair and multicolored eyes, asked leaning over Liberty's shoulder trying to get a peek.

Liberty skimmed through the entry of the diary of their friend Reyna's life. She did her best not to laugh or gag. Lovey-dovey stuff like that made Liberty laugh, she can't take it seriously. Once she finished she nodded and closed the notebook. Every one was looking at her with anticipation. Especially the scary looking goth boy, Nico, standing in between Jason and Calypso.

"I have a theory," Liberty declared. "Some one was probably blackmailing your friend to go with them. I've seen it before, creeps sure know how to get to strong girls. I'm assuming he was threatening the safety of something or some one they love. Which also makes me assume their captor is involved with your Greek gods stuff."

"You got that all from that?" Calypso demanded.

"Well yeah-" she was interrupted by muffled yelling from wherever Percy and Annabeth were. It was mostly Annabeth.

"Should one of us go check on them?" Nico asked, his expression looked worried, Liberty could tell Nico had an odd relationship, per say, friendship with the couple.

"No," Piper said. Her quickness was suspicious. She knows something. Her fidgety behavior was noticeable only to Liberty. The daughter of Aphrodite is a good actress, just like her father. Piper hadn't bothered telling her who her father was. Just by her last name and her looks, it wasn't that hard to guess. It wasn't unknown that Tristan McLean has a daughter in her teens. Although to some one else, Piper may not struck them as a child of a celebrity.

"Okay, how about we focus on who took them!" Frank said.

"Yeah, okay-" Liberty was interrupted by the slamming of a door and a sigh coming probably from Percy. He was stupid enough to cheat on his girlfriend of five years. Hopefully he'd expect her to act worse than that. Who would want to waste five years of their life on a guy who goes after other chicks. Although she'd just met Percy, she knew that he was pretty cool and overall a good person. Before she read the notes he seemed very in love with Annabeth.

"Okay, what in Hades name is going on? Annabeth seems really furious, like that one time-" Jason began talking but he was shushed by Leo.

"Not a good idea, man." he said shaking his head. "Don't bring other stuff, right now we have to focus on who took them."

Liberty glanced up at Leo and smiled. He changed so much. He looked more confident, he had more meat on his scrawny little body and muscles for days. He was definitely taller that Liberty but she wasn't that tall. About the same height as Calypso. What really changed besides his physical appearance is that he seemed less sad, more confident in himself. Hopefully he hadn't forgotten his Spanish.

"Good idea, it seems like every one here has ADHD or something." Liberty said to him in Spanish. Every one besides Leo looked annoyed like, how dare she speak another language around us?!

"Actually they do, it's a demigod thing, the ADHD is wired in brain, it helps in battle." Leo replied in Spanish and winked at her.

She laughed and rolled her eyes. Do they go into battle so often that ADHD is necessary?

"What did she say?" Calypso demanded.

Leo bent down and kissed his annoyed girlfriend on the forehead, "Nothing babe."

"Anyway, we have some research to do-" Nico started but was interrupted by a loud and big jolt which sent Liberty flying out of her chair and hitting her back against the wall. The others were tossed around the room as if the beans in a maraca.

"What is going on?" Liberty demanded.

Calypso looked up at her as she lay on the ground panting. "We're being attacked, you fool!"