Chapter Twelve - Reyna - Show Gratitude

Reyna tried to drown the sound of Hazel's constant muffled sobbing. It was too much, it would make Reyna break down too. She had to stay strong for Hazel, and every one else. If she broke down, their situation would deteriorate more than it already has. Hazel was sobbing as he chained her back up. He had just returned her from who-knows-where. Hopefully it wasn't were he had taken Reyna. Not only had he hit her, but he...he made advances on her. Luckily, although she was handcuffed, she managed to knock him out after being hit several times in the ribs, face and thighs. she would the keys to her cuffs and freed herself, but there was no way out of the area that he had taken her. She didn't even know how she had gotten there in the first place. One moment she was in that basement area with Hazel, the next she was with him in a room covered with plush covered walls. One red, one blue, one yellow and one green. Those were the colors of his eyes. Hazel says she only sees the first three. He told Reyna only his favorites see the fourth.

When he woke up he said she would pay. And oh she did...he said he would take one of her friends away. He definitely did. He made her and Hazel watch as Calypso was kidnapped by his harpies. Reyna didn't know he was to do to Calypso, but whatever happened, it was Reyna's fault.

A crack of light came from above where a tall figure stood in the doorway clutching anything limp figure. All she saw was the silhouette but she knew it Calypso.

"Here's your friend." He said as he walked down the steps. Pleasure and delight hinted in his tone. He loved seeing her in pain, yet Reyna didn't know why he wanted them. Hazel silenced herself.

He threw Calypso's body before Reyna to reveal the dead body of Calypso. Her eyes were open but glazed over with lifelessness and her neck was slashed open and stained red. Her skin was drained of color and her lilac colored dress was dotted with Calypso's dried blood. The sight was horrible and made Reyna want to throw up. Here was her friend, murdered in cold blood because of her one stupid action of trying to escape! Regret washed over Reyna like a tidal wave. This was unforgivable.

Hazel screamed and wailed and weeped. She sobbed even louder and struggled in the handcuffs the hung above her head just as Reyna's did.

He chuckles slightly and kneeled before Reyna, playing with Calypso's cinnamon colored hair. He clicks his tongue and shook his head. "What a shame... if only they had said thank you..."

"Thank you!" She said angrily and let the tears cascade down her cheeks. "There, I said. I said thank you. Please don't hurt anymore of my friends." She pleaded.

"Oh, Reyna...not you," he brushed his hand against Reyna's cheek. His hand lowered and was tracing a heart on her neck. Reyna felt that her heart was beating that the speed of sound. His hand was on her neck and right before her was her friend's corpse.

He lifted his hand and grinned at her. "But your gratitude is appreciated." He said before slapping her across the face. Hazel flinched and cried silently.

"Now you say you're welcome." he said through gritted teeth. He got so close to her that their faces were inches apart. She was forced to look into his eyes. Green flashed and she began seeing Calypso being murdered. Her hand were tied and her mouth was gagged. She cried and screamed as he approached closer and closer, twirling his knife like a baton. He smiled before slicing her throat and walked away as Calypso dropped to the floor and bled to death.

Reyna swallowed hardly. The temptation to spit in his face was so hard to fight but instead she smiled sweetly at him. "You're welcome."

He leaned in and kissed Reyna, full on the mouth. Hazel screamed and hollered. The kiss was brief and miserable. For Reyna at least. She refused to kiss him back, but he seemed to enjoy it.

"You know, just then I was so tempted to slit your throat, Reyna. But I remembered that you're apart of my plan. I thought, why not kiss her? So I acted on my feelings although you're not a very good kisser. And next time, I expect you to close your eyes when you kiss me." He winked at Reyna and stood up. He turned to Hazel and chuckled. "My dear, sweet Hazel, you're next."

Hazel stared at him with piercing gold eyes and jewels began to rise from the ground. Piles and piles of jewels and precious metals surrounded her. For some reason he wouldn't take them.

"Until next time." he saluted the girls and grabbed Calypso scratched up arm and dragged her up the steps, closing the door behind him. What was he going to do with her?

"Thank the gods, he's gone." Hazel muttered. "So they know that we're in Athens?"

"Not exactly, he told us to throw them off track right, but I think that they're headed for Greece so hopefully they'll find us."

"What if they pass over us?" She asked.

"I don't know Hazel!" Reyna exclaimed almost angrily. Hazel flinched. His forced kissed still lingered on her lips. Her expression softened. "For now, we wait."