Car cuddles

They were going back to the Mystery Shack after a day of visiting the aquarium. That's right: mostly none of the super, almost all of the natural. In fact, some could even call it normal, if you excluded the angry little horde of gnomes they had to scare away with Atlas' backup hairdryer.

Dipper was staring out the window, watching the trees pass them by at a moderate speed, since they weren't in a hurry and Grunkle Stan was content driving slowly with his family.

In the front seat, Grunkle Stan and Ford were relaxing, Ford watching Marcel and the others with a fond smile, and Stan purposely singing off key.

Soos was singing along with Marcel to the radio in the second row, some very happy pop song that wasn't BABBA and thus held none of her attention, while Wendy was snacking on some obscure potato chips, humming along with them.

Next to Dipper, Atlas was scrolling on his phone, legs crossed and overall looking comfortable. Marcel was supposed to be sitting in the back with them, but unsurprisingly he opted to dwell right in-between Wendy and Soos, for snacking and karaoke opportunities since Dipper and Atlas weren't much of the singing type usually.

Usually, she'd be joining in on some of the fun, but she spent a few too many hours writing in her ever expanding journal last night, so her brain was mush. The setting sun was shining right on the side of her face, just barely not hitting her eyes, enveloping Dipper in a comforting warmth that was lulling her to sleep. She had no reason to stay awake, so she embraced the feeling, closing her eyes.

She was about to drift into unconsciousness when a sudden weight fell on her shoulder, startling her back into awareness. It was accompanied by a faint woodsy scent, very unlike what Marcel usually wore.

Which made perfect sense, because when she turned around to ask him what the hell he was doing, she realized that it wasn't Marcel who decided to fall on her like always, but Atlas, with his phone clutched safely in his hand and head resting awkwardly on the edge of her shoulder. Dipper couldn't see his face clearly behind her bangs, the angle making it very difficult.

Did he... fall asleep, maybe? It was very warm in the car after all.

She tilted her head to take a peek at his eyes beneath her bangs. Sure enough, he seemed pretty asleep-

But just before she could finish her thought, his blue eyes fluttered open, gazing straight into her greenish-hazel, freezing her in place. He smirked seductively and narrowed his eyes, as if daring her to oppose him, and settled his head more decisively in the space between her neck and her shoulder, closer to her than he was prior. His cheek was squished against her in a manner that she refused to describe as adorable, no matter how adorable it actually was, because she was tired and spiteful and her heart was absolutely not pumping at the speed of a hungry rhino thank you very much.

Dipper opened her mouth to ask him what she was doing, but she closed her eyes as his lips met hers. She sighed, wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling her lover closer, laying down in the back seat. He shifted, hovering over her, huffing through his nose, as he ran his tongue across her bottom lip. 

Dipper playfully denied him entry, which he retaliated by gripping her thighs, making her gasp as he slid his tongue into her mouth. Atlas was glad that the music was blaring in the car, other-wise they'd been caught way too easily. The two teens continued to make out in the back of the car to their hearts content, grabbing whatever they could, ignoring the other occupants in the car.

Dipper pulled away, breathing heavy. Atlas chuckled softly as he broke the string of saliva between them. "What was that for?" whispered the brunette girl. "I've been wanting to do that all day." He pecked her lips before laying down on her chest, head right over her beating heart. 

Dipper's eyes roamed over the group in front of her, and relaxed further into the surprisingly soft seats, seeing no one was paying attention to them. "Atlas?" She felt him tense and shiver, making her grin at him. 

It was completely unintentional that she breathed his name right into her ear, but she considered it payback for starting a sudden make-out session with her family right in front of them, so win-win. 

It's the little things in life, Dipper chuckled to herself.

"You know we have pillows in here, right?" she said jokingly. "Your point, Pines?" he said snarkily with a devious smirk on his face. So that's how he wanted to play it. 

"And yet, here you are laying on me." Just to mess with her, the blond heir stretched out further on her, snuggling closer to her. "It appears so. What are you going to do about it?" Dipper felt her grin widen. She ran her hands through his hair, since he got to lay on her, it was only fair that she got to mess with his perfect hair.

"What do you want, Atlas?" she sighed, enjoying his soft hair. "I just felt like cuddling you, babe." He stifled a yawn, which caused Dipper to yawn, leaning back. Her eyes drooped as she tried to win the battle. But Atlas knew he was a very warm person, and Dipper was a sucker for warmth and weight on her was making her fall asleep. 

"You've been exhausted lately, and I want you to sleep." he mumbled, eyes sliding shut."Hmm, you're lucky..that I love you." She yawned widely, her grip in his hair, slacking, one hand resting in his hair, the other on his upper shoulders. "Mm, love you too." The two fell asleep in each others arms. 

--Up front--

"Ooh-ooh-ooh, disco girl! Coming through! That girl is you!" Marcel, Soos, and Wendy laughed as the song finally went off, and Grunkle Ford had enough and turned the radio off. "Man, that was great! Now I see why you love that song, Dipper!" Marcel turned around and began to do this weird snicker/snort thing. 

"Guys, look." He squealed as Soos, Wendy and the two Grunkles turned around to where Marcel was grinning at. 

Atlas tucked his head under her chin, his mouth slightly ajar, snoring lowly on Dipper's chest. Dipper's face was partially hidden by her bangs and Atlas' fluffy hair. 

"Heh. Total blackmail." snickered Marcel, as everyone began taking photos of the couple. "I still don't completely trust that Northwest kid." grumbled Stan as he frowned at said boy. "Why because they were making out in the back seat for a while?" Wendy grinned at her boss' frustration. 

The older Pines' twins' face's darkened and turned a ugly red as they glowered at Atlas.

"WHAT?!"