Chapter 18: 2018: The Compound

The California desert at night was not a place to be. It got cold at night. 

Marcus who was still tied to the post was cold.

Marcus shifted trying to get warmer but each time he tried the ropes got tighter. His ankles were now tied behind the post.

"How Jack Thomas ever survived like this was beyond him" he thought but than he recalled something.

Marcus hadn't known about his father after his adoptive parents located his Uncle Max in 2006.

The Fisherman, his biological father to him before 2008 had been a mystery. The Fisherman had been in and out of news stories forever. 

Now that he thought about it, Jack Thomas and Patrick Jones had also been on the news  for a couple of years as well.

The wind blew and Marcus was thrown from his thoughts. 

Marcus shifted and the ropes around his wrists tightened. 

His punishment for going after his adopted brother and his ex girlfriend when his Father and Uncle told him to wait, was to be tied to the pole that they used for the Whipping Boy, for 24 hours. He wouldn't be released from the pole until almost dinner time.

The rest of night was windy and by the time morning came Marcus had a cold.

Around 9 in the morning a guard came over to make sure he hadn't died during the night.

The guard than kicked him as ordered by his Uncle. Marcus groaned. 

Around 10am, his Uncle, The Fisherman (He currently wasn't allowed to call him Dad), and the rest of the Cult, circled around him.

"Followers of the Occult, this young man has defied his Masters, as punishment not only is he going to be tied to the Whipping Boy post for the next 12 hours, he is also today's Whipping Boy as to give Billy time to recover from yesterday's punishments. Cooper please remove the boys gag" The Fisherman said.

Cooper untied the gag and than like he usually did with the Whipping Boy punched Marcus in the face.

Marcus groaned and then let out a whimper.

"Guard untie him"

The guard did as he was told and watched as Marcus curled in on himself, before grabbing the boy by the back of his shirt. 

Marcus's hands were then tied in front of him and then tied to the hook that was a little higher up on the post.

Marcus's shirt was than cut off his back, revealing his tensing back muscles.

The Fisherman called the guard off.

"Marcus Xavier I relieve you of your name for today and tomorrow. You will be called Boy. Boy you will receive 6 lashes of the whip.  What says you" 

"Yes Master"

Crack!

For the first time since the age of 15, Marcus received a lash. His adoptive parents would lightly hit with a belt on the bottom.  But this was different, this one lash caused pain.

Marcus screamed as the first lash hit his back.

One down, five more to go.

10 minutes later found Marcus on his knees with his back bleeding. Marcus was panting.

His punishment was just beginning. 

2 hours later Marcus received some water to drink.

1 hour later he found himself tied with his back to the pole and his hands tied some ways up the post behind him.

The scabs on his back reopened.

He let out a muffled moan as the gag had been placed back in his mouth.

Though he was in pain and had no name for the next two days, the tortured boy had only one thought.

"This is well worth it for the small amount of pain and fright that I put Woodland through. Soon Woods and Lexi, you and your two friends will be back here for good!"