ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ ᴀᴅᴍɪʀᴇʀ

The first time you met Ransom you had been out with friends when he came up to your table at a bar with his friends and asked if he could join you. It's best not to say no to Ransom and he seemed in a relatively good mood, aka he had already downed a few drinks, so your friends said yes.

You, on the other hand, didn't want to be involved with him or with his friends. Your friends liked to call you princess because you always wanted to be good, never wanted to hurt anyone and were always taking care of everybody.

Needless to say, Ransom is the complete opposite.

He doesn't care who you are or if you're nice, he doesn't care if you need help of some sorts. What he cares about is if you look good and if you have money, beyond that he loses interest.

You and Ransom were polar opposites and simply being around him made you uncomfortable.

You had wanted to leave but unfortunately you were sitting in the middle of the booth and you didn't dare to ask anyone to move. Your friends were deep in conversation with Ransom and his guys, it would have been rude of you to interrupt.

Plus, you're the designated driver so you couldn't really leave them behind.

You chose to keep to yourself, only answering when you were being talked to.

Ransom's eyes kept shifting to you and you hated it.

You knew you weren't up to his "standards". Even though you didn't want to know what he was thinking when he was looking at you, you still had a pretty good idea of what was going through his mind.

One of Ransom's friends, Jax, offered to buy the next round. He asked everyone what they wanted and when it was your turn you politely declined. Jax quickly moved on to someone else but Ransom kept staring at you from across the table.

"Why aren't you drinking?"

You turned to look at him, surprised he'd stoop so low as to be seen talking to you.

"I'm sorry?"

"Everybody's drinking, why aren't you?"

"Because everyone's drinking." You showed him the designated driver bracelet they gave you when you came in.

"Ha." He nodded. "Thought you might have been some goody two shoes who doesn't drink."

You arched a brow. "I don't drink. Ever. So, I guess I'm a goody two shoes."

He opened his mouth to speak again but you turned your head away to show him you were done with the conversation.

You thought maybe the rumors had been exaggerated but Ransom was in fact a judgemental asshole.

About an hour later, your friends decided to either go dancing or to the bathroom, which allowed you to leave the table.

You pulled out your phone and walked outside to get some fresh air. You sat down on the curb and scrolled through your social media to pass the time. You had no intention to go back inside, you'd wait for your friends outside. It was the middle of summer so it was the perfect temperature at night to be staying out.

Your back was to the door, every once in a while you'd hear the music get louder whenever someone came in or came out.

You had been outside for about 10 minutes when someone came to sit next to you. You glanced from the corner of your eye, surprised to see it was Ransom. You chose to ignore him and pretend like he wasn't there.

"I'm sorry. Sometimes I say things before thinking. I didn't mean to insult you."

You hummed, keeping your eyes on your phone.