ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ɴᴜᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

All the pain and heartache of the few previous weeks not only made you stronger but it made your relationship with Ransom stronger.

You could trust him with everything and the moment you started feeling sad you'd go to him and he'd do everything that he could to help you get through it. There was no more doubt in your mind that he loved you.

Ransom asked you to move in with him shortly after. He wanted you to be around all the time but he also wanted you to stop wasting money on rent.

He also got you a job at Blood like Wine, working for Harlan. The pay was a lot better and if you needed to take days off from work when you weren't feeling good, Harlan understood and didn't ask questions.

You had hit a really rough patch but thankfully it led you to a better life.

You still avoided Ransom's family as much as possible. You only went over for dinner whenever it was "necessary".

"We're going to Harlan's for Christmas?"

You asked surprised after getting home from work. Harlan had been the one to tell you because your boyfriend seemed to have forgotten.

"Oh, right. Sorry, I totally forgot to tell you." He gave you a small, embarrassed smile. "Is it ok?"

A small part of you wanted to torture him a little and pretend you weren't happy but you've put the poor man through enough, he doesn't need to be teased.

"Of course it's ok."

You walked behind him as he made dinner and kissed his cheek.

"Do you think people would believe me if I told them you cooked every night?"

You joked while jumping to sit on the counter.

"Absolutely not." He chuckled.

"It'll have to be our secret then."

"Can you imagine if people knew that on top of being nice, funny, sexy as hell and rich, I can cook too? They'd try to steal me away from you. They wouldn't succeed, but they would still try."

You rolled your eyes, laughing.

Ransom stopped stirring and started the timer to let it simmer. He moved to stand between your legs and gave you a gentle kiss.

"Hi, my love." He whispered, so close your lips were almost touching.

"Hi, baby." You smiled, a fond look in your eyes.

You'd get butterflies in your stomach every time Ransom called you "my love", he gave you plenty of other pet names before but there was something special about this one that made you all giddy.

"I went out and got your meds today." He took your hands and intertwined your fingers together as he spoke.

Ever since he had to take you to the ER, Ransom made sure you always had your refill before you ran out. Two days before your last pill, he would go pick them up for you at the drugstore. He also doesn't let you pay for them anymore. You hate that he pays for it but it's a fight you'll never win so you just gave up.

"Thank you." You kissed the tip of his nose.

The timer went off and he had to let go of your hands but not before he kissed both of them.

This was your life now. You'd go to work from Monday through Friday, come home to Ransom cooking dinner and you'd talk about your day while you ate. You still went on at least one date every week where you'd go out and spend every second together, sometimes it was more than once if one of you felt like you needed to tune the rest of the world out and focus on one another. You still went out with your group of friends, Kelly had weasel her way back but you honestly couldn't care less. You pretend like she's not there and focus on Ransom and your actual friends instead. Sometimes she still tries to flirt with Ransom but you don't feel threatened anymore. There's absolutely nothing that could make you break-up. Especially not her.