Chapter 9

"Let's change the topic... we haven't seen each other for a long time and yet you still recognize me. Is it because I am probably the only one with natural white hair?" Daniel asked as the previous topic was a little sensitive after what happened.

  Daniel felt a nod in response on his chest, representing that it is true. He is the only one with white hair, along with one of his parents. But another question came into Daniel's mind, Karina was willing to get "intimate" with him despite a decade of separation so it didn't make sense to him, by anyone's logic it shouldn't be the case. So he asked.

  "Karina? Why are you so willing to get... "intimate" with me? We haven't met in a decade so it didn't seem logical. So why? And why did you came back? Didn't the school you go to some highly educated school with alot of things you can learn? You could've stayed there. It would have been better. So why?" Daniel bombarded Karina with question due to curiosity.

  Karina went silent for a while, then she left her head up from Daniel's chest, and moved to have a more comfortable seating position. Karina took a deep breath and answered.

  "I was starting to get homesick. So I wanted to come back, further more I miss you along with my parents. But it was during those days I... was having dreams... it wasn't about anything else but you. Even it took me a while, but I didn't realise it until recently that I like you romantically. My heart seem to flutter abit." Daniel wasn't expecting such an answer, but it didn't really convince as much as Karina thought.

  "It still doesn't make sense to me. Plus you shouldn't be conversing with me. As a demon, I could bring you danger. You, a human is far weaker then me, if others hear about this... I fear the worse. So please... I think is safe to say th-"

  "But is my choice!" Daniel was taken by surprise by Karina's sudden outburst. He could only stare in shock. But he narrow his eyes showing how serious the situation is, but Karina too isn't backing down.

  "I made this choice to come back home. I made this to meet you again. I made this choice to be with you. I also made that choice of letting you have my first time. And I don't regret it. Because I made these choices. So I won't budge no matter what." Karina spoke in a serious tone as she is very serious about the situation.

  In the end, Daniel thought about the words Karina spoke, seeing the logic, that in the end... Karina is never influenced by anything for her choices, it's her choice and her's alone. No one forced her to make such a choice. So Daniel sigh in defeat trying to convince Karina why he is considered dangerous to Karina. At this moment, Daniel got a phone call, his eyes widen a bit but he answered the call anyway.

  "Hi- huh where did you heard that from... you want to see her? I guess we can it's a Saturday... don't see any issues with that. Ok I'll bring her. Bye" Daniel hung up the call and look back at Karina. Karina can only tilt her head in confusion.

  "Um... Karina? You see my mother called and she caught wind of your return and she wanted to see you. She wants me to bring you there. If you don't mind that is." Daniel spoke as he scratched the back of his head.

  Karina in an instant nodded as she hasn't seen Daniel's mother for a long time. With that they both went to Daniel's house.

  It took a while, when they finally arrive at Daniel's parents house. Daniel held a spare key in his hands and unlock the fence door. As he entered the yard and let Karina in and close the door afterwards, he heard a yell.

  "WELCOME BACK DANIEL!" Upon hearing a familiar voice Daniel froze for a moment, but at that moment he was hugged from behind.

  "Miss Alzerd, how have you been?" Karina greeted the woman, who was still hugging Daniel.

  "DON'T ACT AS IF IT IS NORMAL! And mum stop hugging me it's difficult to balance here." Daniel spoke in distress for a bit but spoke sweetly to the one he called 'mum'. Of course the woman stop hugging Daniel and took a step back and looked at Karina, with kind eyes.

(This is what she is supposed to look like)

  "I haven't seen you for a while now there my dear son, so of course I miss you very much. And oh my well isn't it Karina? I heard that you came back from your mother. Its been so long hasn't it? Oh we shouldn't be standing out here so let's head inside." Miss Alzerd spoke in a sweet tone that sounded quite relaxing.

  However the atmosphere was quite something as to Karina was quite calm, whilst to Daniel this feels like he is  introducing Karina as his girlfriend. It was to the point that Miss Alzerd sense that the relationship of the pair in front of her weren't the same as she thought. It was then she got an idea.

  "Karina you haven't been back for a while, so why don't you head up to Daniel's room and spend some alone time with him. Speaking of which Daniel help me out why don't you, it's been a while. Come on help me out."
Miss Alzerd spoke, sounding quite excited. Daniel had his mouth slightly open but stop himself as he knew why his mother said that. Whilst Karina acting innocent as usual nodded and head upstairs to Daniel's room.

  "Don't worry Daniel I actually made your room a little messy so she will have something to do. Anyway Daniel something happen isn't it? I am your mother so I can tell, and don't forget what I am... So out of all girls you choose her. Well I can see why, she is a very nice girl and I do treat her like she is my own child. But who would have thought she would turn to such a beauty. It really is no wonder. But another question is you seem hesitant about something. If you need my advice then I suggest that you follow what you think is right. And I mean you should fellow your heart. Now then your mother has spoken enough, she must be waiting. Take this and chat with her." Miss Alzerd spoke as she passes a plate of confectionery to Daniel and turn him around pushing him towards the stairs. Daniel hesitated and glanced at his mother before he gave a sigh and walked to his rooms.

  Miss Alzerd waved at her son giving her utmost support. Once Daniel closed his room door, Miss Alzerd immediately punched the air as she was happy for her dear son.