Chapter 21

The pair took a long while to configure their plan... a long while. But the overall idea is that it is to gain Maribel's trust. Could take a long while, of course.

  Daniel was hanging out with his friends, which they found unusual. After all, they all know he'd rather spend his time with his girlfriend than with them. Furthermore, it has been for at least 3 days now. So, one curious mind spoke.

  "So this is something new, thought you would prioritise your girlfriend over us." Lucian points out.

  "Oh, that, well yeah, I know I should... but spending time with friends is just as important. Besides, she is busy with other things at the moment." Daniel states.

  Maribel walked towards the table. Daniel and the others sat at.

  "Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but I'd like to borrow Daniel for a while. If that is fine for you all. Right?" Maribel asks and questions. Well, her tone says otherwise, however.

  Daniel simply stood up and gestured for her to lead the way. The pair walked to the same place as the last time.

  "I see you seem to distance yourself from your girlfriend for a while now. Well, I'm not sure about outside of school, but I put distance on school grounds. In any case... thought about my offer to work with me?" Maribel interrogates.

  'This might be my chance now.'
"Ok, I will accept it. I'll work with you to help with my ability." Daniel answered.

  "That is good. Thank you for considering my offer." Maribel thanked giving a low bow but smirked under with that facade of a smile.

  Daniel could sense her actual intent. She was not here to partner up with him... she was using him as a tool, a scapegoat.

  "In any case, I will give you a few pointers. As I can tell by now, your powers have been dormant for a long while. Of course, anyone can guess that you had a night with that new girl. Oh, if she knew the true intention of an Incubus..." Daniel was fazed for a moment by her comment, for his intentions are anything but evil.

  "But back to the matter at hand... we're going to need to hone those skills and talents of yours, some meet me at... 'Beyond Fantasy' near the entrance. At 10 pm sharp." Maribel finishes. With that, she walked off.

  'That's one of the nightclubs that Karina mentioned. But there is not enough evidence... After all, there were at least 5 that were common places. Well, I have time.' As Daniel walked off to get back with the group, he took out his phone, sending a quick text to two people before heading off.

  It was at 10 pm and Daniel was waiting close to the entrance of the club, his eyes were closed, listening to music his earplugs on, and wearing a sleeveless top, jeans and a leather jacket.

  He felt that Maribel was near and turned to look to where she was, but all he saw was a woman in blonde. In which to blonde gave him a wave signalling that it was Maribel.

  "Wow, who would have thought you would dress like that, but maybe the hair could be different, I guess, since it is white. But in any case, just watch and learn. Let's go inside. You don't need to worry, I can get us in." Maribel gave a smile to comfort Daniel despite it being something risky to do.

  'Using a disguise... I guess maybe I should've changed the hair, even for one night. I hope that I won't be listed as the perpetrator. Or at least used as a scapegoat.' Daniel thought in worry.

  It was at that moment that Maribel took out a card of a peculiar design that would be difficult to replicate. Once Maribel passed the card, the security gave her and Daniel the 'ok' for entry.

  When they entered the place, Daniel was having slight difficulty adjusting his eyes for the coloured lights flash, turning left, right, and centre. He felt ill due to the lights, but he quickly adjusted to the array of colours that flashed before him.

  It was a lot to take it since a lot is happening, people were drinking, some were on the dance floor, and some just simply hung around at the sides, but if there was one thing he wish to remove from this scene is probably some of the couples that are openly making out.

  Daniel curses under his breath, curses that he has a really good eyesight. He really didn't need to see that, but he did anyway.

  "All right, how about you wait here, and I'll grab a girl for you, 'k?" Maribel states and left Daniel alone, Daniel simply leans against a wall and shuts his eyes to process the current situation. Thinking to himself...

  'Something feels off, Maribel was not like this. All the Demons know that she is kind Demon to suddenly act like this... Hmm...? She's back already?' Daniel opened his eyes, and Maribel walked, though she was alone.

  "Tough luck today, I guess. They are all preoccupied, can tell, right? Well I should apologise so how about...? Daniel are you alright? You look pale." Maribel, concerned, tried to get close to Daniel, but he stepped to the side.

  "I am alright, just not used to this atmosphere, but it's a pity. Well, I'll be learning from you next time. I'll go first, I think I need to um, ugh... I'll go back." Daniel was really not used to this sort of social life and was starting to feel nausea.

  Daniel left the club and went to an obscure alleyway, using his abilities. He imagined himself being in a room. Then, from the alleyway, he teleports to the location he desires.

  However, the thing with the teleportation spell has its drawbacks. An example would be that absolute and clear concentration is a must. If not, one could think about a different location in a split second and off to the far lands it is. Though would this mistake he made be a fortune or misfortune?