Truth

After an exquisite dinner and dessert, in which Stephanie and Cass learnt lots about Tim and his family and friends, and many embarrassing stories about Tim which resulted in many laughs and giggles and a very blushy Tim, and a blushy Stephanie when Cass revealed how Tim and Stephanie did in fact meet, then there most embarrassing, for them anyway, or cute moments in their relationships.

Tim had offered them to come up to his room so they could talk in private, not because he didn't trust the others, but more because he kind of had to talk to them, as they hadn't really had a chance to talk since Tim revealed his identity, which would probably was a good idea and mentally cursed himself for not doing so earlier, he totally could have skipped dinner, though the impending lecture wouldn't be worth it. So, he really needed to talk to Steph and Cass soon.

"Um, can I talk to you two in my room?" Tim asked his sister and girlfriend.

"Sure Tim." Stephanie replied, while Cass nodded and smiled at him.

"Cool, see you in 10."

Of course, 10 minutes was more like half an hour as Tim had forgotten to tell the girls where his room actually was, and being a big house with lots of nooks and crannies they got lost. Easily. And badly. Like, really badly.

To be fair though, the house wasn't as big as Wayne Manor, but then again no-one gave them a proper tour of the place, which whoops.

Anyway, as the girls finally made it up to his room, Tim greeted them with a sheepish smile, and thankfully they were too mystified with the house and its contents they wordlessly, well Cass did anyway, Stephanie more babbled on and on about how cool the house was.

Tim thought it was cute, so he didn't mind too much.

"So, um, I guess you have questions, so go ahead." Tim gestured to the two girls who had taken a seat on his bed with him.

"Okay, uh, so you know magic right? How?" Stephanie questioned.

"Well, I guess the easiest way to explain it is, well, I was born with it. My mum, Janet, and my dad, Sirius, are both Pureblood wizards, well witch in mum's case, which means they were born from two magical based families, the Lynn's and the Black's. I, therefore, was pretty much guaranteed to be able to do magic. Obviously, I didn't know I was able to do magic until one night my hair changed color, oh I'm a metamorphmagus by the way, and from then on my mum was basically counting down the days until I was eligible to attend Hogwarts." Tim explained.

"So, Hogwarts is the school you go to?" Stephanie continued questioning, which wasn't a surprise as Cass, while her speaking ability had vastly improved, didn't always feel comfortable talking too much.

"Yeah, it is a boarding school. Basically, it's a mix between middle school and high school, as you attend from the age of eleven to seventeen, I'm about to start my sixth year, and then graduate and then do something in the wizarding world for a career, I personally would like to be a dark wizard hunter, well, one in particular anyway." Tim explained and then muttered, "Peter Fucking Pettigrew."

"I uh, can understand that. So, why didn't you live with Sirius instead of Bruce?" Stephanie raised an eyebrow.

"Well, my mum and Jack were both killed three years ago, and Bruce adopted me legally because I didn't have any known relatives, and it kind of defeats the object of trying to stay safe for thirteen years if I blurt out where I live. Anyway, my dad was actually framed for a bunch of murders and was locked up in Azkaban, basically Arkham but better, if you can say that, and was able to escape and up until recently he was a fugitive in the Wizarding World except for the few who knew he wasn't guilty, until like, the end of June, where, um, a pasty white asshole returned and he was cleared of his crimes." Tim explained.

"Why didn't you tell me, I mean us, who you were?" Stephanie asked trying to keep the hurt out of her voice, as Cass raised her knee's looking miserable, and Tim felt guilty.

"It's not because I don't trust you, nothing like that, it's just, technically I'm not allowed to tell you about the Wizarding World, like at all, it's the law, which I think I may be breaking. Again. Or everyone in this house, then again I don't know. The Ministry probably would've been around by now, so I think we're good." He said trying to convince himself.

"Oh, so like you really couldn't, well, that's a little better I guess." Stephanie reasoned.

"Yeah, I probably would've been expelled and sent to prison by now, for y'know breaking the law, but fortunately and strangely I haven't yet, which weird.

"Troublemaker." Cass sighed dramatically.

"Hey! Trouble follows me. Most of the time." Tim tried to reason, even he didn't really believe himself.

"So, what do we do now?" Stephanie inquired.

"I don't know. I'm going to go Hogwarts for my sixth year in just over a week from now, I uh don't really know what you're going to do, well, probably go back to Gotham, but I'll write letters to you guys and Alfred every week, if you want." Tim reasoned.

"Of course Tim! How do we write you back though?" Stephanie questioned, and Cass looked confused as well.

"Well, the letter will arrive by owl and all you have to do is give the letter to the owl and it will work it out from there really." Tim explained.

"Oh sure." Stephanie said unsurely. 'An owl?' She thought.

Cass looked at the clock and silently hugged Tim and walked out the room, most likely to get her well needed rest, while Stephanie looked at Tim for a few moments silently.

Tim looked a bit unsure as to why Stephanie was just staring at him, so he started to shuffle subconsciously before asking, "Steph? What are you doing?" Tim's voice may have cracked a little bit.

When she didn't respond Tim was starting to freak out a little bit, so he was a bit caught off when she gently kissed him.

"Wha-" Tim breathed out after their kiss.

"I'll miss you Tim. When you go back." She reasoned.

"Oh, I can still visit you on Christmas and Easter though, or you could visit me."

"I know, but we won't be able to see each other for a long time." She said sadly.

"At least we can write to each other now though." He said brightly.

"Yeah. Goodnight Tim. I love you." Stephanie said after kissing him one more time before heading to bed.

"Night Stephie. I love you too." Tim replied.

As the door closed Tim laid back down on his bed he sighed happily knowing that he had told two people he held dear to him, and loved, knew him even more than they did already, he had a good feeling about this year.

How wrong he was.