╰•★★ ɖɛƈƙ ɬɧɛ ɧąƖƖʂ ~ ℘ɛཞƈąცɛɬɧ ★★•╯

Percy stared into the mirror, looking at his combed black hair. It was weird, seeing the usually messy look reversed. In fact, he looked like a different person.

"Annabeth better like this," he muttered to himself, "because I put a whole lotta work into it."

The twenty-year-old man took one last sad look at his hair, then wasted no more time and jogged out of his bathroom.

He went pass the halls he'd decorated, the bright Christmas tree, the lights around the house- and he bcame more

Annabeth had to take a business trip with her collegue and half-brother Benjamin (or as Percy calls Benny Boy). They went to Athena for some top-secret logic thing that apparently oculdn't be told about. It annoyed Percy, to not know what his fiancee was doing, but he'd told himself 'whatever' for the two weeks and he'd continue to pester her, but do that. Percy had missed her a lot during the two weeks that she'd been gone. Video call simply wasn't enough for the couple. But he couldn't do anything about it- Athena's wish is always first. Always. However, the only good part of her being gone was that he'd been able to prepare a special surprise for her. He'd make this a Christmas she wouldn't forget, after intricate planning and work.

On the way to the train station Percy would pick Annabeth up from, he dialed Piper. The lane rang for a bit, but then Piper picked up.

"Perce!" Piper exclaimed into the phone. Her voice sounded different- a little faded- but her enthusiasm came through perfectly. "What's up?"

"Nothing much," Percy responded calmly, keeping his view on the road. "I'm driving to get her."

"Exciting!" she squealed. "This is going to be perfect. Hey, don't screw this up, 'kay? You worked super hard on this. And I want Annabeth to love it."

Percy chuckled lightly. "I want her to love it too. I'll try not to screw this up."

Piper laughed. "That's not exactly reassuring, you know. Trying isn't a guarentee."

"Should I be reassuring or honest?" Percy asked teasingly.

"I think you mean the joke though," she giggled. "Let's just hope."

"Peace, love, and hope," he agreed. "When hopes come true, it turns amazi- I mean, amazhang."

Piper groaned, and Percy could almost see the brunette facepalming from miles away. "Oh, you've done too many puns now. Stoppppp it."

Percy bit back a laugh. "Hey, puns are the best!"

"The first time Leo tells 'em, yeah. But not when you do them so many times that it loses it's joke," she replied.

"Hey! I came up with a few puns!" Percy exclaimed, slightly offended. Leo don't get credit for those.

"Mmmm..." Piper took a second to debate. "The lame ones, yeah," she agreed. "But Leo's the comedian of the seven. Can't beat him. We've set our standards to his jokes. Thank you, next."

"I hate how you quote SO many song lyrics!" Percy replied quickly.

"Well, being an actress, I gotta know my songs."

"You're not that great of an actress, you know," he said.

"Maybe not. But name someone who's better than me," she challenged.

Silence fell upon them until Percy defeatedly told her, "Can't think right now."

"You're always thinking, according to Annabeth," Piper smugly responded.