Talk Of The Future Makes Me Sick

Full Title since it doesn't fit: Talk Of The Future Makes Me Sick - The Sixth and Seventh Promises - The Wedding Part 3

Naoto refused to leave his side for the next hour, Takemichi didn't mind exactly, he could barely support himself without Naoto holding him up. When they had returned to the table after a mini crying session, the others were obviously worried, Hina swapping looks with her brother that she wanted to know what happened. Naoto had told him the lie he gave to the others and continued with it, smiling brightly and joking about how he ate something that he thought was expired the day before.

With Naoto now sitting on his left and Kazutora on his right, looking like a lost puppy, both fussing over him he felt suffocated. Everyone at the table was now engaged in their own conversations, he tried his best to participate but he was mostly focusing on not throwing up.

Naoto's hand was behind his back, his hand moving in circular motions, it was really helping with his nausea and he appreciated it. Kazutora was talking with Chifuyu and Baji, but he kept nervously glancing at Takemichi and his hand stayed on the other's thigh.

"Oi Takemichi!" He snapped to the direction of the voice, it was Baji.

"Yes, Baji-kun?"

"If the cake is as everything thinks it will be, I'll let ya cater for our wedding."

"Baji-san, we were going to ask him anyway, you love his sweets," Chifuyu said, rolling his eyes at his fiancee's attempt to threaten his partner.

Kazutora turned to him, sunflower eyes wide, "Can you Take? I know how stressful it was doing Hinata and Emma's. I don't want you to go through that again for us."

Being asked such a thing should have filled him with joy. He should have jumped across the table and hugged all of them like he did when Hina asked. But he just couldn't find that part in himself. But things are different now. When Hina asked, he was only in the early stages. When Hina asked, he didn't yet have an expiry date. Both Chifuyu and Kazutora had told him about their plans for their wedding; it was going to be in fall next year. Next year he'll be long gone.

He could feel Naoto's eyes burning into him, begging him, 'don't promise them Takemichi'. But exactly because he was Takemichi, he was going to. Because that's just what he does now, makes promises that are destined to not be fulfilled.

"I'd love to! I promise to fulfill your wishes and make the most beautiful tasty cake."

A wide smile stretched across Kazutora's face and he pulled the former into a hug, Chifuyu gave a similar smile and a 'thanks partner' and Baji offered a toothy grin.

Why couldn't he suppress this skin crawling feeling? Why did he feel like he was licking toilet slime when saying such words? They're just words.

-

Dinner came out soon after and to say it was delicious was an understatement. Mikey was looking around sleepily after basically inhaling his and a bit of Shinichiro's food. He had been trying to not be obvious, not with all his siblings around basically waiting to jump on his case and tease him. But Takemichi just looked so pretty. He hadn't really seen Takemichi's hair much lately since it was always tucked under that hideous beanie and he had been looking so tired lately, despite his smiles. But tonight, he noticed whenever Takemichi was under a certain light that he was wearing makeup. Mostly just concealer around his eyes. He wanted to know, to know what has been bothering the man he loves so dearly for the past few months. Despite his boisterous personality, Sano Manjirou, admittedly, was a coward when it came to Hanagaki Takemichi.

If things were different, he would have eaten Takemichi's plate too, since the latter was only picking at it, rarely actually putting anything in his mouth. But his sunken cheeks, trembling hands and dull eyes were telling an opposing story to his smile that he flashed everyone's way.