9: At 5 Months

miscarriage trigger warning for any sensitive readers <3

Juliette P.O.V.
𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑡ℎ𝑠
"I'll be in the training area and you call me if anything happens, alright?"
Aaron says.
"Yup."
"Anything, anything at all."
"Yes I'll call you." I reply smiling.
He kisses me cheek and walks out the bedroom.
I'm about 3 months pregnant and as time passes by, Aaron get even more and more protective. I wouldn't call it overbearing though, I actually think it's cute.

The country has been awfully quiet though. No attacks, no rebels, nothing. I'm not complaining, but it seems suspicious. The commanders children of the other countries have been living with us since they got here, and we've been having meetings, preparing for the worst.

That's one of the reasons why my husband has been more protective. I'm a bigger target now that I'm pregnant, and this child might pose a threat because of it's possible powers.

𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙
𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑡ℎ𝑠
I miss my old body. Don't get my wrong, it's amazing how I'm literally growing a baby inside of me, but I wish I could go back to my old self.
Aaron has been nothing more than loving toward me. He always tells me how beautiful I am. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Pain has been bearable and Kenji and Nazeera are an official thing now! As for this baby, it's getting very spoiled. We've already prepared the nursery, adding a connecting door to our bedroom. Me and Aaron have decided to keep the gender unrevealed until after birth, just to keep the surprise lasting.

No changes have occurred in the country. I'm currently counting my blessings. It all sounds too good to be true. I'm happily married and pregnant, my country is safe, I live with all my friends and family.

an: trigger warning for miscarriages.

𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙
𝐹𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑡ℎ𝑠
"Oh my god." I breathed out.
I felt the dark red liquid drip don't my thighs, creating a horrific patters across my legs. I began to feel faint as my head feel to the side. It was caught by someone, whom I'm assuming was Aaron.
"No, NO. THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING.
Stay with me Juliette...."

Flashback:
"Rebels, Juliette. Get down here we need you're help."
I immediacy put on my suit and I ran downstairs.
I knew this was going to happen. I had a gut feeling that things couldn't stay perfect.
All of us, including the soldiers, fought the hundred rebels that invaded the capital building.
I immediately turned on my powers, forcing anything that touches me to die. I walked toward the chaos, dodging bullets left and right. Haven't they learned by now that I'm immune to bullets?

After 4 hours, the lasts of the rebels were gone. We have a name and a location and they are currently being tracked by our military.
Something doesn't feel right though. I feel faint. I feel dizzy....

End of flashback.

I wake up in a hospital bed, seeing Aaron asleep right beside me, with his head in his folded arms.
My lower half feels sore.
I feel... empty.
I shake Aaron's arm and he immediately lifts his head.
I'm surprised to see his red swollen eyes.
"Thank god." He says as he kisses me on the forehead.
He looks down, with extremely sad eyes.
"What happened?" I ask, even though I'm almost positive I know
"There was an issue..."
"Did... did I lose it?" I ask, with tears in my eyes.
He looks back up at me, eyes polling with water once again.
"I'm so sorry."
"No!" I cry. Tears immediately Burt out of my eyes. I let out all of my emotions. That baby. My baby. Our baby.

It's gone.

"I know, I know, love." He tells me while we cry together.
He lays his hands on my cheek as we mourn together.

How did this even happen?
I knew I wasn't cut out to be a mother. I knew from the start I could never have a good normal life.

AN:
Sad chap 😕
Sry I haven't updated in forever.