Season 18 - Derek and Mer in Minnesota

*by the way, these One-shots are not linked to one another. Just random ones I made up.

A few days later, Derek flew out to Minnesota to meet Meredith. Maggie and Winston were in charge of the kids, and it wasn't like he would be gone for long.

Derek dropped his stuff of stuff the hotel room Meredith told him to and then walked to the hospital up the street.

"Can I help you, sir?" A receptionist asked kindly. "Yeah, I'm looking for Dr Meredith Grey." He replied. "Floor 2 and to the right." She replied.

Derek took the elevator up and began walking down the halls. This hospital was clearly different than Grey Sloan. It wasn't as busy, and it was bigger looking.

He smiled when he saw his wife in dress pants and a pink shirt and lab coat, hugging her figure perfectly. He knew his wife was hot, but seeing her in something other than scrubs just proved his point further.

"Hey." Derek said with a grin. "Hey." Meredith replied, hugging him. Derek kissed her forehead and looked around. The sliding doors in front of him read 'The Grey Center'.

"Wow." He breathed, looking inside through the clear class. It was clear that this was a serious project, and well thought out.

"This is incredible, Mer." Derek said in awe. "I know. It's...we might be able to cure Parkinson's, Der." She whispered.

"Let's go check it out. Is Amy in here?" He asked as he grabbed her hand and walked in with her. "Yeah. She's talking to Dr Bartley." Meredith answered.

Derek nodded and Just took the time to admire everything. Everything was so state of the art, and Derek could tell Meredith was really passionate about it based on the notes he read and such.

"This is all years? And its okay for me to help and be here?" Derek asked. "Well, our contract gave me full autonomy, so I would think so." Meredith replied.

"Who's this?" Dr Bartley asked as the two of them walked in. "Uh, this is my husband, Dr Derek Shepherd. He's gonna be helping us out." Meredith explained.

"I've read about you. Are you better than this brilliant woman next to me?" Dr Bartley asked. Amelia smirked and shook her head. "No way." She scoffed.

"What's going on in here?" Dr Hamilton asked, eyeing Derek. "Dr Hamilton, this is-" Meredith started. "Yeah, Dr Derek shepherd. I know. Why's he here?" David asked.

"Derek specialized in Alzheimer's and Parkinson's research at the NIH for about a year. He knows what he's doing and I thought he could help." Meredith explained.

"No. I thought this was just the four of us. I didn't allow anyone else." David said sternly. "I'll be back." Meredith said to Derek before guiding David out of the room.

"I didn't allow this. This is my lab, my money, my research, my hospital." David said. "Your lab? Dr Hamilton, you gave me full permission to do whatever it takes, and if that means getting surgeons who I think could help us along, so be it. If that's not part of the deal, we may have to re-discuss." Meredith frowned.

"No, no. I'm sorry. I just-you know i worked with your mother for a little bit. When she was just exhibiting symptoms, I tried to talk to her but she ripped my head off." David sighed.

"She was scared." Meredith noted. "And I am too. It's not just my surgical skills deteriorating, but who I am. And that's scary." Dr Hamilton admitted.

"I see that, trust me, I do. And I want to cure this for you and for the millions of other people suffering from Parkinson's. So let me do what I think is right. Derek is brilliant. In fact, he's probably already doing research. If you don't like it, talk to me or to him. Just give it a chance, okay?" Meredith asked.

"Okay." Dr Hamilton said with a small smile.

•••

A few hours later after showing Derek around the lab more and even showing him the very beginnings of their trail of injecting into the brain, the two of them went out to dinner near the hospital.

"So...what did you think?" Meredith asked as they walked hand in hand to the restraunt. "It's awesome, Mer. I mean, even just the early stage of this experiment has potential. Even in the NIH, we didn't think of stuff like that." Derek admitted.

"This could be the cure for Parkinson's and Alzheimer's, Derek." Meredith said with a grin. "It could be." He agreed.

"I talked to Hamilton, we agreed that your welcome whenever. I still have my split time between home and here, but you can come or leave whenever you want. But it's up to you, and I don't want to be away from the kids much." Meredith explained.

"Have you thought at all about moving here?" Derek asked gently. "I...maybe a little. I just picture you, me, and the kids in a nice house, the kids going to school, you and I making history one day at a time. But at the same time I don't know if I could move away from Seattle." Meredith admitted.

"I...I would be open to it, honeslty. We both have jobs, I'm sure Hamilton could give me just a decent salary. It's not like we really need money. It's not an awful idea, Mer." He said.

"I know. I love the research here. Maybe one day...if we do find a cure...maybe one day if I get Alzheimer's, I can be cured. I don't want the kids to go through what I did and I don't want you to go through that. This is huge, Derek. I just want to make it easier on families who do deal with this stuff on a daily basis."

"I'm in. We can talk to the kids, to Bailey, Richard, see what they think and make a decision. But I'm with you on it, cause I agree, you can't turn this down no matter when and where you do it." Derek replied.

"I love you. Thank you for supporting this." Meredith whispered, hugging him close. "I love you too."