idol star athletic championship

𓈃 𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗔 ° 𔘓
𖥻 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗂𝗇𝗀 ┊𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗜 𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗔 ִֶָ𓂅

𓈃 𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗔 ° 𔘓𖥻 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗂𝗇𝗀 ┊𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗜 𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗔 ִֶָ𓂅

[2023]

surprisingly, this year's isac, mbc has allowed solo artists to join the event. well – for those who want to appear more on korean shows, this is one of the best events to be present and promote yourself.

while somi, daniel, and many other solo idols were forced to join the event, i was given the chance to join it or not. but since i never joined it and wanted to try, i accepted the invitation.

i signed up for 50 meters, archery, and 4 x 100-meter relay together with somi, soo-jin, and chung-ha. soo-jin, former (g)i-dle. since early january, i've trained for the relay and archery. since archery is my favorite, i truly have a passion to learn it properly.

so, today, it's still winter season. i get to goyang gymnasium as early as 7 am. there are over 50 k-pop group teams excluding the soloist. overall, we might have over 250 idols for this year's isac.

hopefully, everything will go well since it's my first time attending this show.

🤎🤎🤎

after the opening show, it was time for the first relay. 50 meters, without hurdles. i was one of the participants and while the staff was setting up the set, i do my usual warm-ups. i will be competing with k-pop groups too. this is a mixed one. relays are all mixed. soloist and k-pop groups.

except for 4 x 50 meters and 4 x 100 meters. there will be categories for that. mix, female groups, male groups, soloists, and so on.

"you're nervous?" somi asked.

i laughed, "a little."

"don't worry. there are not a lot of people here. some already left for bowling, futsal, penalty shoot-out, what more do we have?" somi said while holding her water bottle.

i chuckled while stretching my legs. i wore a stretchable leggings so i have a wider range of movement.

"there are probably around 400 people in this gymnasium. probably even 500 people including fans and staff and idols." i said while tying the knot on my name tag that i have to wear so the judge or anyone can easily see me.

"you will be performing in front of 50,000 fans onstage for your concert. what are 400 people to you?" somi asked. 

i laughed and nodded, "arraseo, arraseo." i replied and grinned.

"hana!" i heard manager kim called for me and i answered back.

"we need to go now. they are asking for all participants to get in line." manager kim said.

"okay," i replied and we walked out of the changing room.

we already picked out our number to choose our lanes. i picked out the fourth lane. in between twice's tzuyu and (g)i-dle's soyeon. when everyone was already in the gathering area, the organizer gets us into our positions and we got ready for the relay.