Ghost's Garage

("Welcome to the garage, [Y/N]!") You looked around the garage at all the cars, at all the other Racers. This was your first race, your first time at the garage. Ghost's Garage. You're adopted parents have told you stories of the Ghost, the one who started Street Racing it Ebott. "You can use any car here." You're dad gestured. You were drawn to a particular black '69 Charger. You went to check it out on the inside, but.. (Except that one, dear. That is Ghost's car.") You looked at your mom. "His? He actually comes here? Will.. will I meet him tonight?" You asked in excitement. "Of course he comes here." Another dog spoke up. "This is his garage, or did you not realize?" He was.. smoking a dog treat? "Relax, Doggo. It's her first time. And yes, you'll most likely be racing against The Ghost tonight."
"Ah. This that human that was picked up off the streets, Dogamy? A farcry from last time she was here."
"I was here before?" This was news to you. ("As a baby, yes. Greater found you and brought you here. Your father and I took you in and raised you.") Mom explained. Oh- well you knew you were adopted, that much was obvious, but you never knew the how. "Should probably choose a car. Race is soon."

🏁🏁🏁

You pulled into the street with a dark [F/C] '05 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. It would do for now until you had a car modified to your liking. You lined your car up with that of other racing vehicles, your parents and other garage members among them. Many, many monsters were out betting, talking, and having fun before the race started. You got out, looking around. There were dogs, rabbits, frogs, a rock- wait what?-, and a strong looking fish lady. No sign of the Ghost or his black Charger. "Muns?" Eh? You looked to a Temmie. "Need muns for race!" You pulled out a 50. "This do?"
"YeS yEs Tem need any muns!" You gave her the 50 and she added it to the pot. Looking over to Doggo, who was holding the pot, you saw him. WTF! Black jeans, boots, hoodie, and gloves, white engraved mask. It was the Ghost. You looked to see his car in the line up. When did he? Looking back to the Ghost, you saw your parents talking to him. He nodded and talked to Lesser, who's head rose up as he howled to get everyone's attention.

🏁🏁🏁

After everyone quieted down, the Ghost rose his voice so it could be heard. "We've got a new Racer in our midst." He started. The voice presented was deep and grovelly, with a bit of an echo to it. You could tell he was using a voice changer of some sort to hide his real voice. He was going through great lengths to keep his identity hidden. "Everyone get to your cars and let's give this kid a real family welcome!" The fish scampered to her car first. "YOU'RE GOING DOWN, HOTSHOT!"
"In your dreams, fish face." Ghost teased, walking casually to his Charger. Everyone was running to get into their cars now. Engines purred to life, Racers reeving their cars in your honor. You were getting excited. The Ghost rolled down his window. "Whatcha waiting for, kid? Let's race!" You didn't need to be told twice. You got in, started her up and joined everyone in the anticipation. Doggo, not actually being able to race due to his vision problems, had the flag at the ready. "GO!" The flag came down and the race began.

🏁🏁🏁

You found out the destination of the finish line the moment you peeled away. All the cars were equipped with the races directions. That's pretty freaking cool. You veered right on a merge lane, forcing a van to slam to a halt as you did so, you muttered a apology and continued racing. One by one you passed people. Inching closer and closer to the front of the pack. You could see the rock's car -again how?-, your dad's, the fish's, and the Ghost's ahead of you. All and all pretty good. Until the sirens came on. You looked in the rear view. Squad car. Crap. You picked up speed and veered away. The police followed you. You were definitely going to lose going this route, but it was better then getting the others caught. You turned left on the highway, then right off. You sped down Main, and 90ed into a car dealer. You shut her off and ducked, hoping that she'd blend in. The squad car had pulled in as well, the cop getting out to talk to the dealer. With them distracted, you snuck out of the car to use on of the dealers cars. You stole a 2012 Charger, and pulled out casually, playing by the rules.. for now.

🏁🏁🏁

You made it to the finish eventually. Only four cars remained. You parents cars, and surprisingly fish lady's and the Ghost's. You got out. ("[Y/N]!" Both your parents were sniffing around, reassuring themselves that you were ok. ("Are you hurt?")
"No."
"Did you get a ticket?"
"I wasn't caught."
("Where'd you get that car?")
"Had to steal it to get away."
"You stole this?" The Ghost spoke up, admiring the car. "Yeah.. I lost the cop at a car dealers and took this one so I wouldn't be recognized." The fish slapped you on the back. "You've got guts kid, I'll give you that! I look forward to racing with you more!" With that the fish got in her car and drove off. Huh. She stuck around to thank you. Kind of. "We appreciate what you did, kid. Here." It was the pot. He must have won. "I can't. You won fair and square."
"Not if you hadn't pulled that little stunt you had. You deserve it." Reluctantly, you took the money. "Thanks.. Ghost." You could practically hear him grinning behind the mask. "See ya tomorrow, kid."