Chapter 29: Shady Deal

Fort City, first block. A white stately mansion located in the dwelling district of the wealthy. Two persons were sitting on a sofa in a spacious living room. One of them was Barzeride Kreutzer. The other was an existence with sharp piercing eyes which put on a jet black robe and a hood that covered over his eyes. Inside, the house was illuminated by the sunlight flowing in through the windows and there was no presence of other people such as servants.

"So – how is it? The condition of the Divine Drag-Ride <Aži Dahāka> that I sold–"

"Yeah. It's splendid, my friend. I was finally able to perfectly master its Divine Raiment. I still content myself with third place in the tournament of the Capital for now, but – If I feel like it, this country's Drag-Knights will no longer be opponents for me."

To the existence with the robe, the blond man full of confidence answered while returning a smile.

"I see; it's as expected of you, my sworn friend. Then – I count on you for the matter we have talked about."

Barzeride smiled at the familiar voice.

"If I remember correctly, it was about me marrying that young woman of Earl of Ymir, right? The fact that she is a foreign woman will be a bit of a problem, but is there anything special with her?"

"She is a "key". The key to unlocking the seal of ruins, she has that kind of power. In order to reach a deep level where humanity has never gone in until now."

"Then–"

"Yeah, I want to entrust it to you. Therefore, it doesn't matter whatever means you use. Be sure to subdue her and by using her power – I want you to wrench the doors of the ruins open. If you do so, I'll leave half of the ruins' treasures and this country's rule which will someday fall into our hands to you."

"Kuku, I understand. That woman seems to be quite proud, but such a female is worth breaking. I'll live up to your expectations, my friend."

Barzeride shook his shoulders and joyfully laughed. As he imagined his military rule in the future.

"Well then, I will take my leave. You don't need to see me off."

"Yeah, see you again, my friend."

The existence with the robe soundlessly left the mansion. After Barzeride went up to the second floor of the mansion and saw with his own eyes from the window that the figure disappeared in the alley,

"Hmph. Don't think that you can tame me forever. Well, it's fine; if you say I can use whatever means, then there are many measures to consider."

Saying so, Barzeride tightly grasped the Sword Device at hand and clicked his tongue.

"I'm looking forward to it. This country's next King will be me. But first..."

Barzeride looked at the moon with a glare, remembering a certain individual.

"Ryoga Fullbuster, I will completely and utterly destroy you."

-The next day, after school-

"Phew..."

Ryoga that day was a little sleepy. It was because of his nightmares. Ryoga didn't know whether or not she guessed it, but Krulcifer unusually released him.

"I have some business to take care of today."

Though it wasn't a bad feeling to live as Krulcifer's "lover", as expected spending time with her who was much more elegant than him was unexpectedly nerve-wracking. After school, he and Lux showed up in the Drag-Knight's atelier by Lisha's request.