Part 20: Sleep well

I shake my head a little and can't help but smile with him. I am pretty sure now that I have grown to actually like his teasing personality. I wouldn't admit it though.
"Look what I can do", I say, changing the topic. "The training in your room was worth it." I switch out the light, lift a finger and let a single spark appear and wander around the room. It floats all the way to the door and back and vanishes infront of Loki's nose.
He smiles. "Well done."
"Thank you", I reply proudly. Has he ever said that to me before?
"Tomorrow we should look into your new powers we discovered at the ... rescue." Loki turns his head to look at me. "If that is okay for you. I think it's a good idea to get it under control as fast as possible."
My smile fades. "I guess so", I mumble. "I am just ... I don't want to hurt you."
Loki's green eyes seem warm. "We wont start with anger, I think. We can use a different emotion. And you know that you will never be strong enough to really hurt me, right?"
"You should stop that sarcasm at serious topics", I grumble. "The first training I threw you into a wall."
"Yes", Loki says and probs himself up on his elbow. "And my pride still suffers from that."
I can't get myself to smile. "I don't really want jokes right now."
"Oh", Loki answers. Silent ensues. "What do you want then?", he asks carefully.
A smile. A hug. A kiss. "I don't know", I respond.
He thinks for a moment, then he lifts his hand and the little fireworks appear.
"Aw", I say and watch them, in a better mood already. I scoot over to him and lean on his shoulder, and we watch his fireworks until I fall asleep.

I wake up in the middle of the night because my wrist hurts. I blink slowly and open my eyes, waiting for them to adjust to the darkness. I am still in Loki's room, laying in his bed.
Another pain from my wrist. I pull at it. Where is it? This is the moment I realize my hand is in Loki's grib, who is facing away from me and grabs my arm tightly in his sleep. I groan and twist to get my hand back, but he doesn't let go.
Then I realize he is shaking. But he is sleeping, right? Is he having a bad dream?
I turn around and whisper: "Loki?"
He doesn't answer, he just holds my hand tighter.
"Loki, you are squeezing me."
He starts to mumble, firstly incoherent words. "Please ... don't ... don't hurt me ... stop. Stop!"
I stare at him. "Wake up, Loki."
Loki shakes more. "Don't ... it hurts. Stop! Please, no ..."
I shake his shoulder and talk loudly into his ear. "Loki! Wake up! You are here at the Tower, in safety, you are having a bad dream. Wake up, for gods sake!" I pinch him.
Finally he gasps and opens his eyes quickly. He breaths heavily and I switch on the light. Just now I see that he's crying.
"(Y/n)?", he mumbles. "Is ... what?"
"I think you had a bad dream", I whisper and brush a tear off his cheek.
Loki touches his face. "Oh my gods. Sorry. I didn't mean to ... ugh. It just ... haunts me ..." He squeezes his eyes shut.
I look at him. "What did you dream about?", I ask softly. "How do you feel?"
"I ... it's just ..." He takes a deep breath and seemingly forces himself to answer. "I dreamed of the alien base. Of them torturing me. With heat."
I stroke his side and wait for him to speak.
"I thought the feeling would have gone away. I ... I feel so heavy throughout the day. I carry it around with me."
I watch his stressed expression. Why isn't one of the Avengers a damned therapist? Of course such experiences leave marks that have to be ... healed.
I stop for a moment. "Maybe I can help you. I've got an idea."
Loki opens his eyes. "What is it?"
I concentrate and a few yellow sparks appear. "Just relax."
"You might not believe me but that doesn't make me calmer."
"Trust me", I whisper.
Loki says nothing and watches the sparks sink onto him. As they disappear on his skin, he does nothing at first. Then he exhales slowly and I feel his muscles relax.
"Better?", I ask.
He sighs and nods. "Yes. Thank you. What did you do exactly?"
"I tried to heal your mind." I smile and lay down again, cuddling to his back and wrapping an arm around him. "You should sleep now."
"I am not the little spoon. This is humiliating."
I grin as he pulls the blanket tighter, not removing my arm. "Maybe", I murmur.
"Definitly", he gives back.
I chuckle and take a deep breath. His scent just radiates comfort. "Sleep well."
"You too."