Part 2

Part 2

Azra was sitting in her room holding her hands with her hands. Her breathing was getting shallow as the night resurfaced in front of her eyes.

Why did she have to loose? Why? The question was killing herself bit by bit. She has practically ruined her life by having a one night stand.

She sniffled in the vicinity of her room. She was thankful that her mother wasn't at home. Her eyes were red as she looked at the three different pregnancy strips that she had procured on her way to home.

Her life couldn't get much better.. she thought bitterly.

Cursing her already doomed fate, Azra lied down on the bed. She could see how the things will progress. She knew that she did a mistake but the bigger mistake would be to carry the child of an unknown man. 

Her tears dried on her face and she didn't knew when the sleep took over her already tired and famished body.

==

Her eyes opened and she looked at the darkness in the old room of hers. Her hands and her body was feeling clammy with the heat that made her to wake up in the middle of the night. She moved her tired body and slowly and switched on the lights. She looked around and saw the reminder of her mistake, the pregnancy test that were lying on the floor, picking them up she binned them and went to take a cold shower.

The water, though not as per demand was cascading from her body, she felt herself getting light. She wasn't worried that she was pregnant. Azra was more worried that how will she get rid of the mistake she did.

She wasn't fit to be a mother. She hated responsibilities. She didn't want her child to be scorned by her own self. Her hands slowly went towards her still flat stomach as she tried to feel her child but she felt nothing.

She knew that she was a cold bitch.

After some twenty minutes, she came out wrapped in an over sized towel and looked at the time.

It was three and her sleep was all gone.

Changing into a comfortable night dress, she lied down trying to sleep but her thoughts were drifting to that one night.

The night of her doom.

All she remembered was that she had some drinks and the drinks were spiked, she vaguely remember dancing and then her getting intimate with a stranger. It wasn't intentional but she wasn't exactly in her senses.

Azra knew that dwelling in self hatred is not going to get her anything. The only thing she can do now is to ensure that she doesn't have any extra liabilities.

The next morning, she woke up with a heavy head. Her head was hurting and she was reminded of her present pregnant status. Thankfully, her mother hadn't disturbed her at night.

It was sometime later Azra was dressed for work and was seated on the old sofa and there was a constant clinking of the spoon to the cup. The already melted sugar was getting worked up by a lost Azra. Her breakfast was kept as it is.

It was sometime later, her mother came and saw her daughter lost in her own thoughts.

"Azra kya hua?" Nasreen Ali asked her daughter. Nasreen was a women in her mid forties who had run a small boutique in her own house to sustain herself and her daughters.

Her elder daughter Rabiya was married to Ashfaque Farooqi eight years back and they have a little girl Zoya.

"Kuch nahi ammi", Azra answered nonchalantly.

Nasreen sat adjacent to Azra and looked at her daughter's hunched form. Azra wasn't looking good. She wanted to ask her but she didn't. Azra was still not happy with her contacting with Ali, her father.

The man who had vanished into thin air years back when azra was two and Rabiya was eight. The days were hard and Azra hadn't forgiven the man for abandoning them.

"School nahi jaana der ho jayegi", Nasreen asked her daughter. Azra answered in the most minimal words not wanting her mother to get suspicious.

She knew that if her mother would get to know about her current status, she would definitely ask her about the father and Azra didn't knew him. She doesn't want him and in a matter of few days she wouldn't even have anything of him in her.

She has already planned to visit the hospital and get the abortion done.

"Jaana hai Ammi par aaj thoda late jaungi."

Azra Just sipped her tea and stood up to move to her room. She would have to inform to the school about her half day leave too.

"Kya hua aaj nasta nahi kiya? Tabiyat theek hai tumhari?" Her mother asked concerned.

"Man nahi hai ammi.. mein bas thodi der mein chali jaungi.." she replied without turning to face her mother. She knew that her mother would read her face and Azra wouldn't be able to lie then..

She was responsible for the situation and she would only get it cleaned up.

======

Vote and comment